*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3438863
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:04am
Re: Quotation Inspiration: Official Contest
Uhh...Is this supposed to be for June? So, you know, you have to enter the contests I highlight in "The Contest Challenge forum. *Think* For this month, the options are "HONORING OUR VETERANS , "Twisted Tales Contest, and "Write An Essay About.... I never highlight the official WdC contests because I feel like they get enough entries. But there are contests on WdC that may only get 2-3 entries in the whole month. Sometimes I'll see a contest advertising that they have 0 entries so far. *Frown* As a moderator, I can volunteer to judge the official WdC contests. I asked how many entries they averaged and I forgot, but remember that it was more than I wanted to deal with. *Laugh* I can barely judge my own contest. *Blush* *FacePalm* The last thing I need is another 20-30 entries to read for another contest. *RollEyes* *Laugh*

Anyway, all that being said, I just posted the options for July above. *Bigsmile* If you don't have time to enter one this month, it's fine. You can always do a catch-up entry. *Wink* If you end up doing that, you'll still do one of the above contests since they are the July options. But note that if you don't enter during July, sometimes the contests don't run every single month so you'll either have to wait until the one you want is open or you'll have to enter one you were less excited about just to get a July entry in. *Think* If possible, it is best to do it during the month it's highlighted because you have the most options. However, you are fine to do catch-up entries if you need to. In fact, if I recall, you've done April, May, and June. If you want to go back and do a catch-up entry for January, February, and March, you can actually finish your year earlier. *Bigsmile* Actually, you also did November 2020, so if you go back and enter a December 2020 contest (if one is open), you can finish this challenge in October of this year instead of waiting until March of 2022 to be done. *Bigsmile* But you don't have to if you don't want to. It's fine to take a whole year to do it. *Wink* You do what works best for you! *Smile*

If you are going to do catch-up entries, check the Previously Highlighted Contests dropnotes and find contests from the month and year you need. Then enter that. Remember to post the month and year you are catching up as a part of the post title here so I give you credit correctly. *Wink* And finally, you need to post the forum link proving you entered. To do that, post {post:XXXXXXX} so I can click over, if I want to. I can see that you entered and I can then, from their forum, click to your item and read what you posted, if I want. *Smile*

Let me know if you have any questions about how the challenge works and how to enter current or catch-up entries. *Smile* I know it can be a bit confusing at first, but I have faith that you can get it. *Smile* Good luck in the official contest, though. Even though I'm not counting it as a July entry, I know the prizes there are pretty awesome, so I definitely wish you luck with it! *Horseshoe*

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Technically, they aren't supposed to be called that, but everyone does.  They're "ID tags"

For new Mods!
MESSAGE THREAD
Quotation Inspiration: Official Contest · 07-26-21 7:53am
by Anna Marie Carlson
*Star* Re: Quotation Inspiration: Official Contest · 07-28-21 9:04am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Late to Lannister.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3438863