*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3457670
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2021 at 6:00pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories
tybo777, you might find something similar to what you are looking for with interactives here. There are a variety of ways people use them, but I think they could be used to roleplay. They are a bit like the old Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, if you are a familiar with those. The creator sets the scene for what they want written about and they set ground rules. They create the first entry and then give usually 3-5 options for a response to the scene. They either then start creating responses in the options, or just leave it to others to do so. (I recommend having at least a few responses already posted to get people interested, but I haven't created an interactive, so maybe it's not necessary.)

Anyway, people come, read the beginning thing, then either they click one of the responses that doesn't have an asterisk (I believe from memory), so they can read more, or they click one of the ones with an asterisk if they want to create a response to that option. I hope this is making sense... *Think* I do warn you that if you are looking to keep it clean, mention that. And if you are going to browse other's interactives (which I recommend to get a feel for what I'm talking about), note that some get pretty graphic and involve some very unconventional things. But then, maybe that's what you're into, so it might be a perfect fit. *Laugh*

In the upper left corner there is a search bar. Be sure to click that you are searching on all of WdC, otherwise the default is to just search your port and you won't find it there. lol Anyway, put in a key word or two that you are interested in and then click that you want to search for interactives and see what comes up. *Smile* Some are a bit more roleplay. Most, I think, are more stories. And some are just stand alone things where each is only tangentially related to the last entry. It depends on what the person set it up as. I recommend you look at several before deciding this isn't the type of thing you meant. *Wink*

Do note that you are new and so you don't have many, if any, fans yet. So, when you post on the Newsfeed, almost no one will see what you post. Most folks stay on their Personal Newsfeed (the default when you click Newsfeed--they only see stuff from people whose Plus Sign they've clicked once or twice). Click View the Community Newsfeed (along the top of your Personal Newsfeed) to start getting to know folks. Scroll, Like, comment, and start making friends. You can also use the Search feature to find people with interests similar to yours, if you are looking for something really specific or unique. *Wink* The more people who click your Plus Sign, the more people who will see your Newsfeed posts. It takes time to build up fans, though, so don't get discouraged. Just like in real life, we need fans for our work to be noticed. And just like in real life, it takes time and effort on the part of the author, especially when they are first starting out. *Wink*

Just so you know, when you click someone's Plus once, you've set them as a Favorite and can find them again, but they don't know. Clicking it twice (until you see the megaphone), sets yourself as a Fan and they are notified. (Fun fact: I send 10k to all my new fans. *Bigsmile* Schnujo is in the Falklands No pressure to fan me, but if you do, I'll send you GPs and you can find me more easily later to ask questions to. lol) So, favorites are private and fans are not...just in case you need to know. The same goes for clicking the Plus Sign on the item (located in the upper right corner). The owner is only notified if you fan their item. Otherwise, it's the same. When you click the Plus, you see their Newsfeed notes, whether you are a favorite or a fan. *Smile*

Good luck with your plans! And welcome to WdC! *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

Graywriter, LOVE the new handle! Hilarious!

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is in the Falklands

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is in the Falklands

Reviewed by U.S. Army Ret. Schnujo at the Witch's House
MESSAGE THREAD
RP stories · 10-12-21 4:09pm
by Past Member 'tybo777'
Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 4:34pm
by Graywriter
Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 4:48pm
by Past Member 'tybo777'
Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 5:06pm
by Graywriter
Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 5:43pm
by Past Member 'tybo777'
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 5:49pm
by Graywriter
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-16-21 6:00pm
by Schnujo is in the Falklands
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-16-21 6:18pm
by Schnujo is in the Falklands
Re: RP stories · 10-17-21 6:21am
by ruwth
Re: Re: RP stories · 10-17-21 10:53am
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3457670