*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3457673
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2021 at 6:18pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories
If, after looking at a few interactives, those aren't what you mean, you can say you've looked at them and you wanted something that was different in X and Y ways so they know what you mean. It might be simply that the interactives can suit your purpose, but other people aren't setting them up like you want, in which case, you can create your own (if you have the right membership level). I believe some of the interactives I've seen do expect you to become that character.

If you make a friend here who is into RP, you can also use IM (instant messaging) to RP. It's not exactly the same in that it's saved in the IM Log, but only like the last 100 messages are saved and it's not an actual item in your port. But it would be a convenient way to just do RP with 1 other person. Once you find someone you want to RP with (and they agree, of course), go to the Messenger link on the left. That will open up the a popup with a list of all the people online at the moment. (Below that list you will see a chat box, but note that that is a public chat and probably not ideal for what you want to do. If folks are chatting at the moment, feel free to join in, but don't try to role play there. *Laugh*)

Anyway, find their handle alphabetically and by their case color. (The handle is the name you see--for example, my username is schnujo and that's what you use to tag me, but my handle is currently Schnujo Cujo misses Fangus -- I changed it for the Hallween Handle contest someone is running.) Next to their name you will see a blue IM link. Click that and you can IM them. I think it's faster the higher your membership, but I'm not sure if it just means a delay of like 1 second or 5 or 30 or what. But since it will take them time to respond anyway, you may not even notice the delay. *Wink*

You can IM them and have fun that way. If you want to see what was written last time, on the top of the Messenger thing that popup up (with everyone's name), you will see IM Log. Click that to see a bunch of old IMs. To see what you JUST sent them last (assuming they are simply replying to your last IM), click the message number along the top of their reply and it will show you what you sent. This is especially useful if they either don't respond in a way that involves what you recently said or if there's been a delay such as one of you went to eat or whatever and you don't recall what you last said that they are now responding to. *Smile*

Good luck and have fun! I hope this helps!

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Reviewed by U.S. Army Ret. Schnujo at the Witch's House
MESSAGE THREAD
RP stories · 10-12-21 4:09pm
by Past Member 'tybo777'
Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 4:34pm
by Graywriter
Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 4:48pm
by Past Member 'tybo777'
Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 5:06pm
by Graywriter
Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 5:43pm
by Past Member 'tybo777'
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-12-21 5:49pm
by Graywriter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-16-21 6:00pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RP stories · 10-16-21 6:18pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: RP stories · 10-17-21 6:21am
by ruwth
Re: Re: RP stories · 10-17-21 10:53am
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3457673