*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3471796
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #1672351
A place to talk about your hobbies and crafts.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 26, 2021 at 3:46pm
Re: Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty
Hello Princess Megan Rose.
Many thanks again for your kind reviews of my new writing Portfolio.

As I mention on my page about me, I inherited Artistic Creative skills from my mother, who herself trained in Art and Sculpture in Paris in the 1970s. I left the UK when I was able to take early retirement, and started up a small affair that designs and makes Toy soldiers and characters from History (Knights, Kings Queens, Medieval people, etc) as well as more modern items.

The business combines my love and interest in Art, Crafts, and Model Making into one.

The hobby alas is now facing its twilight (along with me and all of the other names who once collected Toy soldiers or built scale Models). I have remained loyal to the "old ways" and now face dying out one day with them...So much has changed in the world in so little a lifetime...and time just goes faster and faster every year, just as one of my old school teachers said it would.

I have taught Drawing skills at Summer camps to adults and children, and succeeded in teaching adults who never could draw a picture in their life before...satisfying and enjoyable, if rather warm in a large Summertime marque.

In addition to the figures and painting them, and sculpting masters or Moulds from them, i also build Model scenery or Dioramas too. I did a series of features online a year or so ago now, which I enjoyed and was well received by a large readership.

Last Christmas we made Christmas tree bauble decorations and a tabletop decoration using an old special tree branch and baubles. This Christmas I have scaled down and dismantled my old workshop because we are moving to a new workshop in the New Year. More light, more space, and yes, much more creativity.

One other interest of mine, which i have also successfully combined into my work, is Photography Camera skills. I actually did train at a professional photographer when I left school (now an age ago lol). Technology has greatly improved since those days, though I still sometimes use a tripod to take photos...

Perhaps you can share with me some of what got you into crafts yourself some time? Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Max de Vermandois
MESSAGE THREAD
I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 04-21-20 8:17am
by Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love
Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 04-21-20 10:11am
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox
*Star* Re: Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 12-26-21 3:46pm
by MaxDeVermandois
Re: Re: Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 12-26-21 3:58pm
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3471796