*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3512444
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 7, 2022 at 11:26am
Re: The LGBT Writing Contest July 2022
*Dollar* 6,070 GPs were sent to Vick Rolling 🏳️‍🌈 with this post.
WHOA! THANK YOU! *Delight* That's so super generous of you! *Heart*

However, I think you forgot 1 detail about which contests to post for which dates. I choose the contests for each month and you all enter those. I did highlight this contest back in March 2018, so I gave you credit for that month. *Smile* (It's been a while. That only reinforces my opinion that I need to make a chart showing how many times I've highlighted what. *FacePalm*) Anyway, for credit for this month, you need to enter "Dystopian Scrawlings, "Spirits at Lighthouses Contest, or "Into The Darkness (which doesn't officially open until the 15th). This month is the 1st time (I think) that I've decided to specifically highlight long contests. Understandably, they don't get entered when I highlight them with shorter contests. *Frown*

I would recommend that since you already have an entry for 2019 and now one for 2018, that you consider working on one of those years, just because you'll only have to do 11 entries that way. (Inconveniently, your 2018 and 2019 entries are more than 12 months apart or you could do just 10 entries. *Irritated*) Though some folks prefer a clean start, which is fine. *Smile* Though know that I'll probably try to have long contests every August...assuming I remember. *Wink*

To find the contests you are supposed to enter, please go to the dropnotes that say "Previously Highlighted Contests 2018" or 2019 or whatever. They are directly under the dropnote for the "Current Competitors." *Smile* You can even do 2022, if you prefer. But you have to do contests that are highlighted for the months you want credit. *Smile*

On the good side, aside from choosing the wrong contest, you did a great job of posting your entry! That's actually a bit less common than I expected when I started this challenge. Folks are regularly posting their entries wrong. *FacePalm* It seems you've mastered one of the "hardest" parts of the challenge, at least for some folks, so GOOD JOB! *Bigsmile* (I actually had someone post an entire year's worth of entries wrong. Every month I'd correct her entry (and give her credit, of course--I'm not a monster lol) and point to where she could find the example and every next month she'd post wrong again. *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang*

Anyway, do note that I will give you credit for entries as fast as you can enter. *Bigsmile* Let me know if you have any questions. I feel badly about taking your GPs when I didn't give you credit for this month (though I did for another month). *Hug1**Smile**Hug2* I'm sending them back, but you are definitely super generous! *Heart*

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Amanda created this sig based on a quote from me.
MESSAGE THREAD
The LGBT Writing Contest July 2022 · 08-07-22 11:11am
by Vick Rolling 🏳️‍🌈
*Star* Re: The LGBT Writing Contest July 2022 · 08-07-22 11:26am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Re: The LGBT Writing Contest July 2022 · 08-07-22 12:32pm
by Vick Rolling 🏳️‍🌈
Re: Re: Re: The LGBT Writing Contest July 2022 · 08-07-22 1:23pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Late to Lannister.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3512444