*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3520338
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 13, 2022 at 10:34pm
Re: Re: Round Robins and Gossipy Hens
by Nostrum
There are several ideas in mind spread around, indeed.

One thing I wanted to confess: the thread "Hidden Potential" was meant to be a way to get some ideas regarding this Round Robin. Since we didn't know anything about Seuzz, we had an idea to get together and write up a set of Rounds Robin where each of us would get a preferred storyline to develop. We used that thread to get ideas on underdeveloped branches, but it sorta ballooned into something else.

You may have noticed that we had an implicit goal with this story. Even though it's set on Eastman, and the ending with Braydon is kinda indicative, we didn't want Frank and Joe to ruin the party. (I'm still kinda sore that they ended up ruining Will's transformation into Lizzie, for one.) The other was to showcase someone else other than Chelsea, because we all know that's the fan-favorite girl over here. So, between being a stub set by rugal and my desire to work something close to the roleplaying group, we settled for Natalie, and she evolved into something else.

One thing I mentioned Seuzz, and I'm not sure if those of you who are fans of TWS may recognize, but... Natalie has a stupidly Catilindrian inclination. Her existence motivates change, but she needs to be paired with someone. (That doesn't mean she's a Stellae, though.)

Though we didn't really had Gillian in mind other than "she's Natalie's friend", the moment Natalie gets a mask of her, she comes into the forefront and shows us a pretty interesting image of herself.

With all that said - I look forward for another Round Robin...after a well-deserved rest. It was fun, but at the end it was also pretty draining.

> And through that, we learn about her own insecurities regarding her maturity or
> lack thereof and the thought that she's being left behind by her friends. In a way,
> as we wrote, she wound up turning into almost a girl version of Will. Obviously
> they're not the same character but she struggles with a lot of the same worries
> about how others perceive her, she's immature and like Will she has a tendency
> to leap before she looks. But unlike Will, who tends to drift until things prod him into
> one direction or another, Natalie is very headstrong and impulsive. In a sense, she
> was almost as exhasting to write as I'm sure she was for Will to deal with at times.

Curiously enough, that evolved from a prompt from rugal on his first pages. There's a moment where Natalie wonders if Will has that feeling of two people being together, and we ran out with that - someone who's ostracized for being insecure, but that has hidden depths.

I'd dare say that, rather than invent things of Natalie's personality, we uncovered them, which made us feel more protective about her in the end. It actually made Will mature really fast, as well.
MESSAGE THREAD
Round Robins and Gossipy Hens · 09-13-22 5:00pm
by rugal b.
Re: Round Robins and Gossipy Hens · 09-13-22 7:05pm
by Wordsmitty ✍️
*Star* Re: Re: Round Robins and Gossipy Hens · 09-13-22 10:34pm
by Nostrum
Re: Round Robins and Gossipy Hens · 09-17-22 11:33pm
by bori258

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3520338