*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3535388
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1491696
A nano place to chat about NanoWrimo...
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 26, 2022 at 11:01pm
Still have a long way to go, but I found a new word to use..
The following are a couple of paragraphs in my WIP in which I was able to use a word I've never heard, describing an attorney of questionable ethics:

"How did you resolve your matter with Neville’s attorney, Mr. Fauxworthy?”

“Mr. Fauxworthy is a bully and a blowhard. I’m not worried. My business and auto insurance companies fixed his car. If he takes me to court, there is proof of amble signage warning the area is a construction site and do not enter. He did not give you any prior notification that he was coming to your property on that date. He ignored the warning signs. Furthermore, he is at fault for entering a construction site unannounced. Fauxworthy is the type of attorney that gives the profession a bad name. The terms “ambulance chaser, unscrupulous, or a pettifogger” all fit Fauxworthy,” Brett said.

Bursting with laughter, Amanda exerted some self-control. “Pettifogger” now that’s a word I’ve never heard.” Amanda chuckled as she typed pettifogger into the search box on her cell phone.

“Oh, this is just great! Here is what “pettifogger” means: “Pettifogger is an archaic word which means you might have a bad lawyer who uses dubious means to get clients and to win cases.”

GaelicQueen
Animated Angel from Jacinda Hope
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Still have a long way to go, but I found a new word to use.. · 11-26-22 11:01pm
by GaelicQueen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMaster.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3535388