*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3560388
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 3, 2023 at 2:18pm
Re: Kicked Out of Group for Rating 1 Star
Massive Friendly Derg

One wonders why you joined a group with no apparent reason for existing, and are now upset you got "kicked out."

Sometimes a "group" is created just for the purposes of having a special space on WDC where certain friends can read each other's writing privately without constraints and access keys and such. Perhaps the group isn't designed yet and someone jumped the gun and set up the space... It appears to me that the group will develop as the interactive develops. There's no way to know why someone sets up something unless you ask. Kudos for you doing that. If they didn't answer, perhaps they weren't online. Perhaps they're just rude.

In this case, especially since you have no idea why it is set up the way it is, the review was a little harsh - even though it appears to have been private and not public. A one star rating is rare. I don't think I've ever seen one. I'm sure it was very upsetting to the recipient(s).

Of course, regardless of whether either of us is right or wrong about the reasoning behind the group's failure to create a set-up, the name-calling response to the rating is childish, out of sync with WDC etiquette, and just plain bad manners.

Whether or not there's a reprimand in their future is not for me to say.

You're better than that. I hope you are able to shrug it off and be of good cheer. There are plenty of other groups to be found. *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

Carol St. Ann
       Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
New Design  By Thd Amazing Amanda Wilcox
XT Signature
The Cross Timbers Novel Workshop
is a peer review group for authors.
MESSAGE THREAD
Kicked Out of Group for Rating 1 Star · 03-07-23 1:05pm
by Massive Friendly Derg
Re: Kicked Out of Group for Rating 1 Star · 05-02-23 8:25pm
by buddhangela's Psychotic Break
*Star* Re: Kicked Out of Group for Rating 1 Star · 05-03-23 2:18pm
by 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷
Re: Re: Kicked Out of Group for Rating 1 Star · 05-25-23 5:30pm
by Massive Friendly Derg

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3560388