*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3564022
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2261482
Where all you have to do is read books to receive awesome prizes.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 28, 2023 at 11:13am
August – War/Military Book 1
"Benjamin Ferencz: Make it Count (War/Military-August Book1)

Which stuck with me MOST, was THIS:

It also impressed me that he didn't stigmatize Germany / Germans after WWII and the Tribunals as eternal Nazis. Not everything worked well in after-War Germany and especially during finding and weeding out remaining Nazis and bringing them to justice, but he's able to distinguish, something that's not an American's forte by default.*Idea*

In that concern, it boggles my mind, too, about how in alignment we are about certain things, although at a certain time we would've been stark opponents:

1. He never wanted the death penalty for the War Criminals he tried and convicted – but life-long prison for them – and, accordingly, never went to see their death penalties executed.*ThumbsUpL* He considered it the "easy way out" for the accused, and the Constitutional State lowering itself to the war criminals' level by that.*Idea*

2. He consequently stayed away from any military parade, be it on Memorial, Independence or Veteran's Days, considering it still glorifying war (when we shall know better).

Daaaaamn, the latter's almost treason for an American to commit.*Shock2* It makes me admire him even MORE!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
August – War/Military Book 1 · 05-28-23 11:13am
by Olivia's on Hi-Carb 2313608
Re: August – War/Military Book 1 · 05-29-23 5:04am
by Choconut ~ House Targaryen
Re: Re: August – War/Military Book 1 · 05-29-23 5:29am
by Olivia's on Hi-Carb 2313608

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Choconut ~ House Targaryen.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3564022