SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/883213
Rated: E · Message Forum · Friendship · #834376
Come and post for Viv who just had a mild heart attack
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 21, 2004 at 12:57am
A Prayer
When I first knew you were touching fingertips with God, (my way of saying your life was in peril) I wanted to hide. God is an awesome God. For those that don't know it the term awesome means (or so I have been told) to be worthy of respect or fear.

I fear God at times because his decisions have taken loved ones from me before. Yet I knew that prayer especially the ferverent prayer of a righteous person availeth much. Don't know how righteous I am but I prayed. God answered.

When I first met you I wasn't sure. Wasn't sure I was ready to care about somebody that much again. Wasn't sure if I could grow so close and not feel the pain of losing you one day. That the chance that day was upon me so soon was horrifying but then if God wants you beside him maybe I will have a chance of one day standing next to you.

I am not sure what I should say but I only know to say this. I love you Mom, you are here in my heart and should you go home before me then I know a light will be on waiting for another of your children to take her place.

It is a comfort to me here that you and I grow close, and as God whispered, you will always be a comfort for me no matter where we are, we are mother and daughter. I am glad He answered the many prayers on your behalf and answered my selfish little prayer that asked Him to give me a little more time to be with my Mom.

I love you

Becky

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Angels' Wings
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
A Prayer · 06-21-04 12:57am
by Becky Simpson

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Vivian .
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/883213