*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Do What You Want?
  2. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1110299-Giant-Naruto/cid/364032-Do-What-You-Want
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1110299
The guys in Naruto grow. Please come inside and enjoy
This choice: Shikamaru  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Do What You Want?

    by: MagitekMayhem
It was one of those days in the Hidden Leaf Village. You know the ones I'm talking about. Nothing happening, nothing to do, just one big stretch of boring. It was days like this that brought about the easy missions. The missions that were really, when you got down to it, nothing but chores. One such team, the team of Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji, were performing one such menial task. They were up on the side of a building, the back side, away from the street, and were repainting it. Ino was the only one who at least had some focus on getting it done. Choji was alternately helping, and alternately eating. But Shikamaru was laying down, back to his teamates, listlessly brushing the same spot over and over again with a paintbrush clutched between his toes.

Ino glared at him as she noticed him slacking off. She tossed her paintbrush back into the pot, walked over to Shikamaru and grabbed him by his ear, dragging him to his feet.

"OW, hey! What are you doing?" He yelped.

"Come on Shikamaru! This isn't hard and the sooner we get done, the sooner we can go home!"

"Yeah, yeah, right. But why aren't you yelling at Choji? He's not exactly working hard."

"Don't look at me! She already yelled at me!"

Ino huffed and said, "Someone's got to take charge around here! Now get back to work!"

"Nag, nag, nag!" Shikamaru muttered under his breath. "Is is so much to ask for a little time off once in awhile? Man, why can't I ever do what I want?"

"Do what you want?" a voice asked.

Shikamaru jumped and opened his eyes. There was a woman leaning out a window, watching him.

"You want to do what you want?"

"Yeah, what's it to you lady?"

She smiled and said, "I think I have something that might help you."

She disappeared and shortly returned with a small bottle. Wrapped around its neck was a little sign that said 'Drink Me'. She handed it to Shikamaru. He stared at it and said, "You're kidding right? What is this going to do?"

The woman winked and said, "Try some and find out. It's an heirloom that's been passed down my family for generations. It has a strong imprint of chakra on it, so it should be of some help to you."

Shikamaur mumbled a thanks and picked his brush up, continuing with the work. He glanced back at the window, but the woman was gone. He shook it off and kept on painting.

Finally they were done. Shikamaru took his leave, letting Ino and Choji go to Asuma to report the completion of the work. He went back to his house, went up to his room, and laid on his bed. He pulled out the bottle and looked at it.

"I wonder if this stuff really can let me do what I want..." he wondered.

He uncorked the bottle and a small hissing sound was heard. Should he really trust some random woman and drink something like this?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 MagitekMayhem (UN: magitekmayhem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MagitekMayhem has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1110299-Giant-Naruto/cid/364032-Do-What-You-Want