*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Drop Zone Beta
  2. Mission Control
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1241339-The-Time-Keepers/cid/394684-Drop-Zone-Beta
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1241339
Nothing is more unpredictable than time. Nothing more dangerous than trying to control it.
This choice: Boston, Anarkasia - Interrogate Anarkasian official about rebellion  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Drop Zone Beta

    by: ﻝames Joseph Emerald
Jack observed his surroundings. A warehouse - big, empty, about three stories high. His squad phase-shifted into the space around him, one by one. He waited until they were all there before addressing them gruffly.

"You're in my squad, cadets. Beta Squad. I'm Jack Vyper, your leader for this mission. It seems we're looking to interrogate the vice president of Anarkasia - find out how he overthrew the American government so easily. If you want to survive this, you all better listen to me."

Jack took a cigarette from a pack in his boot and lit it up, trying not to think how much shit he'd be in if the higher-ups knew he'd managed to smuggle cigs through the Shifter.

"I'm sure you all know what that metal thing attached to your arms are. It's what we use to communicate with each other. It's also got a map, in case one of you stupider cadets get lost. Once in a while Beta Controller will send you mission updates, so pay some bloody attention if it starts to blink."

"Now..." Jack pulled a gun out of his holster and fired at the ground. A chunk of the floor instantly vaporised. "This is a phase pistol. It's not like conventional weaponry, rather it phase-shifts things back to HQ so they can make sure you didn't fuck up. They evaluate it, then erase it if they see fit. Just make sure to aim at the bad guys."

"Then we have the Chameleon Suits, which projects a holographic image of regular clothes worn in this particular dimension onto your body. You can also activate an optic camouflage mode with that little blue button on your wristband, which bends the light around you, blurring you out. Good for when you've got nowhere to hide, but it runs out of juice fast. Try not to use it."

Jack glared. "Any questions? If not, then go off and complete this bloody mission so I can go home..."

You have the following choices:

1. Stay and ask a question.

*Noteb*
2. Move out.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ﻝames Joseph Emerald (UN: emeraldfool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ﻝames Joseph Emerald has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1241339-The-Time-Keepers/cid/394684-Drop-Zone-Beta