*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Drop Zone Epsil
  2. Mission Control
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1241339-The-Time-Keepers/cid/394701-Drop-Zone-Epsil
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1241339
Nothing is more unpredictable than time. Nothing more dangerous than trying to control it.
This choice: Pangea (Triassic period) - Erase all human activity  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Drop Zone Epsil

    by: ﻝames Joseph Emerald
EMMA stood still, surveying her surroundings. The land was barren, with large reptilian beasts roaming around. They appeared aggressive. There was also a forest of trees nearby. Among all this, it was easy to spot the large, steel complex a few miles into the forest, looming above.
As EMMA heard the crackle of phase-shifting, she turned to face the humans of her squad.

"Greetings. I am E.M.M.A., leader of Epsil Squad. Our assignment is to eradicate the temporal terrorists that have taken refuge within this time. Our objective is to plant a phase bomb within their facility, erasing its presence here. To avoid a combat situation, please proceed with utmost caution and stealth."

EMMA's eyes scanned the group, digitally recording faces and evaluating her cadets based on posture, facial expression, body language, and other variables.

"Your equipment is as follows: The ChronoComm Device, found attached to your forearms. It allows you to communicate with the other members of your squad - as well as Epsil Controller, who is monitoring our progress at Headquarters - and receive mission updates if, or when they arise. There is also a rudimentary map of the area built-in, complete with beacons displaying other operative's positions."

"The Phase pistol. Unlike conventional weaponry, whatever you hit is sent to Keeper HQ to be evaluated, and, if deemed necessary, disposed of. It is to be used only in matters of self defense, and within mission parameters."

"Finally, Chameleon Suits. They project upon you a holographic image of regular clothes worn in this particular dimension. You may also activate an optic camouflage feature, using your ChronoComm Device, which bends the light around you, rendering you difficult to visualise without digital aid. Please use this function sparingly - the battery life is minimal."

EMMA glanced around. "Are there any questions?"

You have the following choices:

1. Stay, and ask a question.

*Noteb*
2. Move out.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ﻝames Joseph Emerald (UN: emeraldfool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ﻝames Joseph Emerald has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1241339-The-Time-Keepers/cid/394701-Drop-Zone-Epsil