*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Young At Heart
  2. Other
  3. The New Employee
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/701167-Young-At-Heart
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1519184
Watch as people's lives are literaly changed forever due to their new job!
This choice: Victoria Naming (51)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Young At Heart

    by: Unknown
Victoria sighed as she looked up at the old house. It now read "Grant's Home for Boys and Girls", an orphanage. She trod up the familiar steps, a little teary-eyed. Once, long ago, this had been her home, too. Where her younger brothers had grown up, and then left forever. Where, oh so long ago, she had been like these young children, alone, without family.

Victoria looked far beyond her 51 years of age. Most of her friends joked around with her, calling her the "Old Granny" of the group. She lacked the confidence and happiness to keep her youth with her, and she felt extremely embarassed to be asking for a job involving children. They'd probably just torment her, too.

But being around children made her feel young again, too. It was the reason she'd worked so hard in the school system. But now, retired from teaching, she just wanted to be among those she loved to see everyday.

Victoria rung the bell, and as a surprise, Mr. Grant himself answered the door.

Mr. Herman Grant was the nephew of one of Victoria's oldest friends, and through such friend did she find out about this job. He was youthful, too, perhaps not even 30 yet, but he struck everyone he met as the most eccentric person possible. Because of his humor and good nature, the kids stuck to him like glue.

Grant welcomed in Victoria, and already she felt happier.

"The children are all in the back yard right now, so I thought it might be a good time to explain the job."

"Okay," Victoria said.

They walked into the kitchen, and sat down across from each other. With a very serious face on the otherwise jolly man, Victoria knew to take him seriously.

"I've been trying to get this one kid to settle down and play with the others, y'see. The kid won't listen to me, or any of the others. So I heard that you used to work with students like that, and I thought, 'Huh, well I'll get her to work for me!' And so, I'm hoping that maybe you can relate to the kid, help 'em out, make 'em happy, y'know? And about the pay... It comes at the end of every week, and it's about $50 an hour. Sound good?"

$50 an hour? This Grant might really be crazy, to pay that much for such a simple job. But Victoria wasn't going to complain, she was very excited now.

"Who is this child? Can I meet them?"

"Oh, sure! His/her name is..."

You have the following choices:

1. Claire DeMont (age 9)

2. Trudy Roscoe (age 13)

*Noteb*
3. Maxwell Bridges (age 16)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
GoneToTheDogs has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/701167-Young-At-Heart