*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1605306-Planet-Animalus/cid/1969517-Conquistadores----Pt-4
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1605306
Welcome to Animalus, home of the hybrids, people with strange customs. 25,330+ views
This choice: Hazard patiently endures....  •  Go Back...
Chapter #14

Conquistadores -- (Pt. 4)

    by: philosophicalmind
"Grab a seat people, we're taking off."

The notes howled away, giving Hazard an idea of what he was in for the next 2 ½ hours of flight. Devin and Annika sat down in the seats and strapped themselves into the seats while Hazard was content with holding onto a handle by the door like a gunner. The turbines of the lateral thrusters whined away at the rear of the aircraft, revving up to a roar. The EM locks disengaged and the craft jerked into motion, coasting to the center and lining up with the bay doors. Hazard braced himself as it took off, the hangar shooting by and the ground opening up to the city below.

"Haze, don't you think it'd be a good idea to close the door?" Annika's voice could barely cut through the music let alone the wind ripping across the open fuselage.

Hazard watched the curved cityscape of New Powys shrunk into the distance and the fields of green grass dominated the sights. The blue skies turned red and the green beneath shriveled into scorched shades. Smoke rose from the buildings and fires blazed like blemishes on the of a forsaken city. In the distance a great structure blotted out the light from the sky.

Oh, a storm is threat'nin'
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh, I'm gonna fade away

War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away. Yeah!


A memory forced its way into Hazard's mind. Somehow he was back down in those streets with the rubble of destroyed buildings all around, every now and then the sight of an alien spaceship visible, suspended above the planet's surface, immense in its girth, tall and erect in its design. The copper smell choking the streets, smoke burning his eyes, that slick feeling under his boots . . . flesh clogging the treads.

Hazard shook his head, trying to clear the images. Reality sunk back in.

Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
Our very street today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost his way

War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away. Yeah!


"We are exiting New Powys airspace; I suggest that those doors be closed."

The second announcement brought Hazard back. Finally, he grabbed that handle and slammed the doors closed on those clear blue skies. And the aircraft took of like a rocket into the vast deserts of Vegas.

Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

Rape, murder! Yeah!
It's just a shot away

It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away. Yeah, yeah, yeah!


You have the following choice:

1. 2.5 Hours Later . . .

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 philosophicalmind (UN: bloodlust666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1605306-Planet-Animalus/cid/1969517-Conquistadores----Pt-4