*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The ad
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1698684-The-switching-collar-PLEASE-ADD/cid/935041-The-ad
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1698684
You take part in an experimental test.
Chapter #1

The ad

    by: The Head Swapper
You wake up one morning and enjoy your everyday routine. You groggily awaken take a fifteen minute shower and get dressed. Being the middle of the summer you dress appropriately. You start to make yourself some breakfast when you realize that you had forgotten to get the paper. Stumbling outside you walk to the end of your driveway and pull out the paper.

The headline read as follows, "DENTEX CORP. SIGNS BILLION DOLLAR DEAL WITH ARMY." Dentex, the largest company in your state had always produced fantastic consumer products such as the glow in the dark toilet seat and even the newest software for the iMat, the worlds largest personal computerized mat. You read the headline and knew that with the deal multiple jobs would be coming to your area.

You go back inside and begin to read the paper. You look through the front page, the sports section, and even the comics. Eventually you come across a giant advertisement, "Dentex conducting knew experiment! Needs volunteers between the ages of 13 and 50. Anyone anywhere within this age range will be allowed to take part. Upon completion you will be paid a sum of $500."

You think to yourself about the job. It was the summer and you did not have any other job so you shrugged your shoulders and typed the address into your computer.

That afternoon you drove to Dentex and had to pass through at least fifteen security gates complete with armed men holding M-4 carbines. You are directed to an average looking building that seemed way too normal to be a Dentex facility. Upon entering you saw a long line of people waiting to be serviced at the front window. There were men and women of all ages lined up to take part in the experiment. When you reached the front you were greeted by a bald man wearing a lab coat, "I assume you are here for the advertised experiment?" "You betcha" you quickly replied. The man smiled back and handed you a white collar that had various buttons and switched placed on it. "What is that?" you asked inquisitively. "It's our newest technology. Believe it or not it allows one to travel great distances in a small amount of time. Simply put it around your neck and press that green button to be transported." You were shocked at how unbelievable this was so you asked, "How will I get paid?" The scientist replied, "You simply have to use it for a month and at the end of the month you will be paid your money." You thanked the scientist and immediately headed to your house.

Who exactly are you?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Head Swapper (UN: riff317 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1698684-The-switching-collar-PLEASE-ADD/cid/935041-The-ad