*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1727048-Dragon-An-Interactive-Adventure
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1727048
You are a dragon in a classical fantasy setting. How will you master the world around you?

You are a dragon in a classical fantasy setting. How will you master the world around you?

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
You are a magnificent Dragon. A wonder to behold!

This is your story of your rise to power and glory. There are many paths to power however. Will you be an unstoppable plague on the land? A compassionate warrior with a sense of honor? Will you have a host of fanatical minions? A vast hoard of gold and wealth? It is up to you to decide.

The setting is in High Fantasy. There are elves, dwarves, halflings and other strange and marvelous creatures to be found, but keep in mind that the world is mostly populated by humans. Magic is a powerful and mysterious tool known only to a small proportion of the population, but do not fear! A dragon's hide will deflect most cantrips and other minor magics, only the most powerful of arch-magi can hope to challenge a dragon on even terms... A dragon's hide will also keep out most arrows and glance aside blades, but beware of siege weapons such as ballistae and catapults as well as heavy piercing weapons such as lances.

Religion and gods are abound in the world, but they are known to bide their time and be mysterious in their workings. Fortunately for you, you are a dragon and care little for other mortals' foolish notions.

Dragons have a magic all their own though they do not will it into being like other simpler creatures. Often, mysterious things can happen around dragons when the situation is appropriate. Don't count on it to save you though! Your wings, claws and tail are far better allies. Remember always to keep your wits about you, there are thieves and assassins around every corner. While you may find that you befriend some mortal creatures, remember that you will always be apart from their world and will always be treated with fear and suspicion even by the stoutest dwarf or the most open-minded elf. Finally, beware other dragons! Just because you're the same species doesn't make you friends; everyone's out to build their own hoards and secure their own mates after all.

Finally, some ground Rules:
1) No sexuality or erotic content (Implied sex, like with a dragon mate is fine).

2) Killing the main character is ok, but must be thoroughly justified (either by persistently bad or extreme choices)

3) Maiming or crippling the main character is ok, but keep it tasteful and not needlessly gory. However there must not be complete incapacitation (loosing a leg is fine, neck down paralysis is not) and no mental handicaps.

4) Dragons are the top of the food chain, don't invent inherently more powerful creatures.

5) Romance between the main character and non-dragons is ok, but keep it to a minimum.

6) Be true to your Path and Personality. Keep both in mind when you are writing.

*Side note: If you want to create your own dragon breed or are otherwise unsatisfied with the choices presented, feel free to send me an e-mail and we'll see if a solution is possible.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated GC. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1727048-Dragon-An-Interactive-Adventure