*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1750574-The-World-After
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1750574
What will happen in an apocalypse caused by the unforeseen events of DNA manipulation?

What will happen in an apocalypse caused by the unforeseen events of DNA manipulation?

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
This story is set in a world where man has tried to take the best 'attributes' such as speed, strength, and even flight, from animals and genetically fuse it with humans via DNA manipulation. The experiments were harsh, only 3 of every 7 or so made it through alive, and even less lived longer than a few days after. The experiments were done on unborn children, since if they were too old, the immune systems would fight off the DNA of the creature used in such a way as to actually leave visible damage, and none that were infused after they were born were able to survive.

Rules:
Only 8, so listen up.
1) At least 4-5 sentences unless it's a choice chapter, and not too many of those (a choice chapter is only to follow a chapter with too many choices for one page, no stopping a story and making one just because you can.), and make it readable, please?
2) This isn't for kids, but it's not strictly for adults either, there can be violence, and death, and even a little blood, but nothing too extreme.
3) At the start, you must describe the main character(s) of your story, if you only have one main, he/she can't die, or else the story is over, no "continue as..." option, but if you have more than one, you can switch to the one still alive, however, there is no introducing a new main mid-story, you can introduce secondary/side-characters, but they are not usable for switching if your main/s die.
4) Side characters can be left out of the 'background' explanations, but are to be talked about at least a bit eventually.(people can gain powers, if there's a logical reason. Ha! logic, in a work of fantasy, that's a novel idea xP)
5) You can have characters that have powers, but nothing so over the top that it's impossible for them to lose in every fight. example: " 'generic name' has the ability to insta-kill simply by wanting too."
6) All skills have to be something that's gained from an animal, even if that power is from a myth/legend, like the kitsune of Japan, or fox spirits, a person infused with a fox can have multiple tails and gain supernatural powers from said tails.
7) Leave an 'Other' option on all chapters so others can add as they like.
8) On the character introduction pages, you can only choose from the main characters on who you want to be.

And that's it, enjoy the world that we all create together.

P.S. I will check on the grammar every now and then, if it's really bad, I'll re-write/delete depending on how bad it is, like if I can't read it at all, I'll likely delete it, but if I can understand what's going on, even if only barely, I'll attempt to make it readable for others.(I won't change the plot or anything, promise)
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 13+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1750574-The-World-After