*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Party Time
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1769012-Pool-Party/cid/1298921-Party-Time
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1769012
A Pool Party goes awry when a water pistol begins to change peoples size...
Chapter #1

Party Time

    by: The Underling
"Come on, we're gonna be late!" you shout up to Leah.

"Shut up!" your sister yells back. "I'll only be another minute!"

You sigh and moan under your breath, curious as to why she would need to spend so much time making herself up, knowing that she's going to be going swimming. Women are strange things to you, which is probably why you've spent the last year single. You have recently began to hope that maybe things will change soon though.

While waiting for her, you meander around the house, simply wearing a pair of swimming trunks, sandals and a towel over your back. You see your 38 year old mother doing housework in the kitchen, quietly humming to herself. Her years may be advancing but she has retained her good looks, which have been passed down to her daughters too. Abigail was meanwhile in the living room, watching TV.
Without warning, you hear a knock at the door. Upon opening it, you shrug at the fact that nobody was there. "Kids" you think to yourself. As you are about to close the door though, you notice a small box at the foot of the door. It has no labels or markings, not even an address on it.

Confused, you pick up the strange box and bring it inside, placing it down on the coffee table. Still waiting for Leah, you decide to let curiosity get the better of you and open it, not expecting what to find. What you do find though, confuses you - in the box is a strange looking water pistol. A one-handed gun which seems to be already loaded with water. It looks normal enough apart from a switch near the nozzle with two positions denoted by an icon - one with a negative - sign and one with a positive + sign.

Your analysis of the gun was cut short by your sister Leah bouncing down the stairs. "Ready?" she shouts over to you. "Finally" you sigh.

"Shut the fuck up" Leah retorts. "Come on, you moan at me for dawdling, and..."

"Give it a rest you two!" you hear your mother shout from the kitchen. "You better go before it gets late!"

You both groan and leave the house to your friend Tara's who is hosting a pool party for her 21st birthday. After a while, you both arrive at Tara's house, and it's Tara who greets you warmly at the door.

"Hey Danny! Thanks for coming!" she says excitedly.

"Hey Tara, thanks for having us." you smile back at her.

"Whatever..." Leah huffs as she walks into the house to see her friend.

"Come in anyway" Tara says to you, allowing your sister to pass.

"Sorry about her." you say. "She's been acting a bitch all morning"

"That's OK, her and Demi will get on well then! Make yourself at home."

You wander through the sizeable house, noting that there are quite a few guests. There seems to be more females than males, but obviously you don't mind that. Tara's 36 year old mum was the oldest person here, whereas many of the other guests were around your age with the exception of your sister and her friends who were all around her age. You hang out and chat to a few people for a while before making your way to the pool.

Walking into the back garden, which is a massive expanse, featuring a large swimming pool, a big open area with a barbecue and a couple of tables laid out, and a big tree in the corner of the garden. Near the pool, you see several people having a water fight with water guns and balloons. Suddenly you remember the strange package you received at home. "Crap..." you think. "Where did I leave the gun?!" You panic for a second before realizing...

You have the following choices:

1. You have the gun.

2. Leah has the gun.

3. Tara has the gun.

4. Somebody else here has the gun.

5. You left the gun at home.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Underling (UN: dauntless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Underling has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1769012-Pool-Party/cid/1298921-Party-Time