*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Going to Work
  2. Good Morning, Sleepyhead
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1840427-AboveBelow/cid/1257869-Going-to-Work
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #1840427
An unaware shrinking interactive with a storytelling twist
This choice: Hide by the front door, and get ready to escape.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Going to Work

    by: Joe Random
Morning in the Stevenson household is like morning anywhere else. Jenna and Tim wake up earlier than they'd like; they briefly squabble over who has to go grab the paper (Jenna loses the argument this time. Tim probably will tomorrow), and then they go wake the kids. Emily's easy -- seven years old isn't too bad. The oldest two, however, are much tougher. Brianna is 14 and Jake is 16, and neither one wakes up before noon willingly.

Still, it's not that bad. At least their schedules are reasonably in sync. Tim leaves around 7:30 for the office, followed by Jenna at 8:15 -- she drops Emily on the way in to work. The teens are both in high school now, and Jake can drive, so they take off at 8:30 -- not that Jake likes driving his sister into school, but since he'd lose his car if he didn't, he puts up with it.

And so they gather 'round the breakfast table, with the older teens sullen and sleep-deprived, Emily her usual bundle of energy, and Tim and Jenna trying to impose order on the day.

"So, what's going on after school?" Jenna asks, pouring milk on Emily's cereal.

"I have soccer practice," Brianna yawns.

"Great. Do I have to wait around for her?" complains Jake.

"No, I can pick her up. What are you doing, though, that it's an issue?" asks Tim.

"He's got a date tonight," says Brianna.

"It's just a...thing," mutters Jake.

The conversation continues on for a moment, until Tim has to go to work; he walks over to the shoes, bends down, and slips his foot into the first half of his pair of dress shoes. He looks down at the second, and slides that on, too. Straightening up, he opens up the door, and heads out to his car, yawning and quickly closing the door behind him.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Joe Random (UN: joerandom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joe Random has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1840427-AboveBelow/cid/1257869-Going-to-Work