*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. MWA HA HA! Erm, I mean... The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856712-Testing-the-Formula/cid/1300722-MWA-HA-HA-Erm-I-mean-The-Beginning
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1856712
Mad Scientist? A formula? Growth? Gee, how cliche can I get? Oh well, come in if ya wanna.
Chapter #1

MWA HA HA! Erm, I mean... The Beginning

    by: citywalker
An eerie glow covered Dr. Quantrain’s face as he held the final flask up, examining it. An elated, almost manic smile spread across his face, and he started to laugh, soft at first but quickly becoming louder. After all, this flask, along with the four others that were in the cold storage freezer close by, represented the last six years of his research and twenty million dollars of his personal fortune. He had every reason to be happy, joyous even. Hell, compared to how a ”normal” person would respond to something like this, his reaction was restrained.

Phase 1 of the master plan was complete. Dr. Quantrain couldn't quite remember how many phases there were left, exactly, but he still had a long way to go before he would be finished. The next step, though, might be his favorite. Sure, science and logic may dictate how these formulas were "supposed" to alter the DNA structure of a human in order to cause massive and sustained growth, but any good scientist knows that these kind of things don’t always pan out the way that they're ”supposed” to. That’s why Phase 2, the experiment phase, was necessary. Of course, any philistine could try to test out the formulas with lab rats or monkeys, but for this type of experiment, that just wouldn't work. No, the formula would only work on human DNA, and thus humans had to be used as the test subjects.

Luckily, Dr. Quantrain had a wide variety of test subjects and locations to choose from for his first experiment. After all, with all the companies and assets that he owned (either secretly or overtly), he basically ruled over the population of a small company. He just had to choose one of these locations that would be the best, most interesting, place. Shuffling through a stack of folders, he finally saw something that caught his eye.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 citywalker (UN: citywalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856712-Testing-the-Formula/cid/1300722-MWA-HA-HA-Erm-I-mean-The-Beginning