*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1862253-This-Day-Just-Wont-End
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1862253
Someone is repeating the same day over and over again (ya know, like in Groundhog Day).

Someone is repeating the same day over and over again (ya know, like in Groundhog Day).

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
We've all seen the movie Groundhog Day, right? You know, where Bill Murray plays a sarcastic but lovable weatherman who mysteriously finds himself having to repeat his least favorite day of the year (Groundhog Day) over and over again? Well, this story finds someone else in a similar situation. But with a twist!! (duh duh DUMMMM!!!!)

In the first chapter or two you'll pick a main character and situation, then follow that character as they repeat the same day over and over again (and no, it doesn't have to actually be February 2nd, any day will do). The main character of course realizes that they're experiencing the same day again, but, just like in the movie, to everyone else the day is as new as it was the first time. However, though the basic events the main character sees and participates in are more or less the same, they notice some peculiar changes from day to day, and these changes get more and more pronounced as they go through more and more repeats of the day. These could be things like a physical transformation of one or more characters, or a change in weather or appearance of a place, or pretty much anything else you can think of. And, of course, the main character is free to act differently than they did the previous day(s), and influence events that way if they wish.

Pretty much anything goes. I'm going to put a choice at the beginning for what amounts to a sort of sequel-ish to the movie (though, I should emphasize if it's not obvious, that I do not own or have anything to do with the characters or story of Groundhog Day, which is property of Columbia Pictures and was written by Danny Rubin and Harold Ramis). Feel free to put your own own characters or others from whichever work you wish. I reserve the right to edit this story, but I will probably only do so if I see something really egregious.

Thanks, and happy writing!
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1862253-This-Day-Just-Wont-End