*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Prophecy
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1882617-A-Heros-Transformative-Journey/cid/1393606-The-Prophecy
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1882617
An epic quest to save the world begins when all the teens of a town transform overnight!
Chapter #1

The Prophecy

    by: GoneToTheDogs
It has been said that in the year 2012, the world would end. Well, it had been said by the Mayans and rebuked by the rest of the world. How could an ancient civilization truly predict the end of the world?

Well, they weren't completely wrong. It wasn't the end of the world, per say, but the end of freedom. The end of the world as anyone knew it. And this was according to a different, more accurate prophecy that had been undiscovered, a prophecy set forth in the middle ages, when wizards, witches, and magic still existed.

The prophecy states that, in this year 2012, a powerful magical being would return in some unknown land, looking to unlock a secret that will allow this being to become all powerful, and rule the world in his image. The prophecy also stated that the only way this being could be defeated would be if two younger lads, two teenagers, were able to lead an army and save the world.

Now, the good wizards and witches of the world knew this prophecy, but they also knew the vagaries of it. Would this magical being a wizard, a witch, perhaps a demon? Would it disguise itself as a modern person, or would hide in the woods, biding its time? And where was this unknown land? Much of it was a mystery to even the most powerful beings. So they began to search for answers.

And in this search for answers, the practice of magic slowly disappeared from the world, and the stories of the magic of the middle ages became myth. And by the time 2012 began, all these Wizards would know was that this unknown land was most likely Middleview, a small American town that, for some strange reason, gave off the strongest aura of magic ever seen.

Of course, the magical being also knew of this, and had been preparing his time, almost ready to strike on the unsuspecting town. However, the final part of the prophecy, the teenage heroes and the army that could defeat him. How could this be prevented? He couldn't kill them all. That would take up too much dark magic, and even a being bent on world domination had some morals.

Ah, of course! He could use the dark magic to transform them into something other than teenagers! That could prevent the prophecy, right? Even if it would alert the other wizards and witches of his presence, they could do nothing to stop it! The prophecy says they cannot!

And so, in the year of 2012, the teenagers of the town of Middleview would become transformed, and it would take them on a magical quest to discover the conspiracy around them and stop the world from being destroyed.

Now, which of our heroes do you want to follow?

You have the following choices:

1. Gordon Johnson

2. Melissa Dealy

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 GoneToTheDogs (UN: yoshikingll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GoneToTheDogs has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1882617-A-Heros-Transformative-Journey/cid/1393606-The-Prophecy