*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1891121-The-Slumber-Party-Spy/cid/1640260-Something-Else
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Young Adult · #1891121
A boy is caught spying on his sister's sleepover, and they decide that he should join them
This choice: Something Else  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Something Else

    by: Yote
As you crouch with your face pressed against the slats in the wardrobe, you feel something grab your ankle and almost jump out of your skin, rattling the wardrobe door. You turn. It wasn't a person after all. Its your sister's massive stuffed teddy bear, Mister Snuggins. Its paw had merely landed on your foot. Its glassy eyes wink at you out of the darkness.

She'd won him at the fair when she was 7. He was five feet tall and the two of them had been inseparable. Then she'd turned 13. You'd tormented her about still having a teddy bear at her age, and eventually Mister Snuggins had vanished from her room, presumed dead. Evidently she had just hidden him here.

"Did anyone else hear something in the wardrobe?"

"I think so. If it's my brother I'll murder him!"

Your heart stops. They're going to find you! There's nowhere to escape to and no where to hide.

Except...

You grab Mister Snuggins, turn him over, and yank open the zipper that runs down his back. His body is crammed full of fluffy white stuffing - it's soft enough to allow you to squeeze yourself inside. You push your hands into his arms, your feet into his legs, and wriggle yourself into his torso. It's not easy to breath. You discover you can see through the big glass eyes.

Just then the wardrobe door is pulled open and light floods over you. You lay perfectly still as your sister and her friends stare down at you.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vanilla Thunder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1891121-The-Slumber-Party-Spy/cid/1640260-Something-Else