*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902911-White-Sheep-of-the-Family/cid/1465465-Introduction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Crime/Gangster · #1902911
Raised by a family of thieves, a man tries to be an honest cop. 1,970+ Views
Chapter #1

Introduction

    by: BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
When most children are young, they want to be like their parents when they grow up. George Hood was different- he wanted to be a cop.

For most people, hearing their son wants to be a cop would make them happy. For the Hoods though, this was a bit of a concern, for the Hoods were a family of thieves. It was nothing too serious like stealing welfare checks from the needy, or goods from the store. No, they stole from other thieves- corrupt politicians, businessmen, and others like them. Afterwards though, they’d distribute the money through various charities to help out the needy. Then again, they were descended of the legendary Robin Hood. Unlike their ancestor though, they used modern technology, with the current generation of thieves using the computer to hack into bank accounts- and using false Computer Identification Pin Numbers to make trackers think that the thieves were operating in other countries, and framing other groups in the process. Of course, they also engaged in other forms of theft- cars, jewels, cash, even the occasional kidnapping. To be in the Hood gang, one had to be in the family- by blood, by marriage, or by adoption- though special associates would be used on occasion.

George though had no desire to be a thief- in any shape or form. From the moment he could watch TV or read, he was fascinated by cop stories- they were almost always heroes fighting against evil villains. He wanted to be just like them- helping people out, and putting criminals behind bars. At first, the Hoods thought that this was just a passing fancy- that George would grow out of it, and join the rest of the family as a thief. However, he never grew out of it.

Unable to change his dream, the family did the next best thing- they trained him to be able to catch thieves. If they couldn’t get him to become a thief, they could use him to deal with the competition. They taught him every trick in the book, and more than a few that weren’t in the book. They also taught him how to fight, and use firearms.

When he was old enough to go to the Academy, a hacker in the family had created a false past for George: father was a soldier, mother a secretary, and that he had a juvie record for boosting cars, and stealing a few things before he was 18. This was to explain his skills, as it would have seemed highly suspicious if he could just hotwire a car without any prior knowledge of it on his records, along with other things. However, he was made to promise two things- that he wouldn’t tell anyone the true truth about his family, or intentionally go after them.

Since graduation from the academy, George has been a patrolman, and has performed well under pressure. His wits have resulted in the capture, and conviction of several highly dangerous criminals. Currently, he is up for a promotion, but the captain is trying to figure out where to place him.

The captain decides on…

You have the following choices:

1. Homicide

2. Narcotics

*Noteb*
3. Vice

4. Theft

5. Other Choices

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902911-White-Sheep-of-the-Family/cid/1465465-Introduction