*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. In the Beginning...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1912142-Reality-Shift-Watch/cid/1503532-In-the-Beginning
by boyer
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1912142
Robert gets a special watch that lets him change reality for two hours at a time.
Chapter #1

In the Beginning...

    by: boyer
Your name is Robert Dansbury. You've got a pretty normal life, but you kinda wish it had a little more excitement in it. Often you'd daydream you'd be whisked away on a crazy adventure, given mystical powers, fighting some evil government entity. But today was going to be just another normal day, filled with classes, dorm life, extracurricular activities and maybe a little hanky panky with your girlfriend, Nguyen.

As you walked down to the mailroom in your college dorm building, you pass by a few men in trenchcoats who were all standing near the doorway. You ask a few people who they were, but no one knew and they didn't really care. You shrugged it off and continued on your way. When you opened your mailbox, you found a package inside with a note attached. It was from you Dad!

Inside of the note, it read:

Dear Son,

I'm so sorry to ask you of this, but there is no one else I can trust. I have to disappear for a while, to get the government off of my tail. In the mean time, I want to hide this watch with you. Keep it secret, keep it safe! Below are all the details about what it can do. Use it sparingly, if at all! And keep it away from anyone who look suspicious!

Love,
Dad


You read over what the watch can do:

1. Allows you to change the way everyone sees reality on a global or local scale.

2. The watch can create whole new stories and events in reality to account for the changes you make.

3. The changes only last for two hours, unless you press the Permanent button.

4. If you tell someone about the watch's power, they become immune to its effects and will know how reality shifts.

You don't really believe it, so you decide to...

You have the following choices:

1. Test the device out

2. Call home to check on your Dad

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 boyer (UN: boyerh09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
boyer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1912142-Reality-Shift-Watch/cid/1503532-In-the-Beginning