*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning of the Curse of Growth
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1913711-Cursed-to-Grow/cid/1509397-The-Beginning-of-the-Curse-of-Growth
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1913711
A high school jock experiences amazing growth in his life after he angers a wizard!
Chapter #1

The Beginning of the Curse of Growth

    by: scriptboy
Chad was feeling great! He was still wearing his high tops, his long, white socks, his white shorts and his red basketball jersey from the game, showing off his biceps. He looked tall and athletic, and he knew that the girls on the parking lot were giving him plenty of looks.
As he walked through the glass sliding doors, a short, fat man with a beard and a huge belly walked out of the grocery store carrying one bag of groceries in his arms. Just as the man approached Chad, the bag slipped out of his hands and fell to the ground, spilling all the groceries to the tiled floor.

The man grunted and groaned as he bent down and started to pick up the bag, but Chad beat him to it, while he tried his best to show off his good looks and the fact that he was in such good shape.

“My goodness, old man! Look at you!” Chad laughed as he quickly squatted down and picked up the paper bag. “I can gather the groceries and the bag in no time at all! You’re still huffing and puffing!”

Chad hopped around the small lounge area before the entrance to the store, quickly collecting all the items that had fallen out of the bag. He had gathered everything in less than a minute!

“Look, young man! I appreciate your help! But you don’t have to insult me just because you’re younger and stronger than me!” the man said.

“Look at you! You’re a real fatty!” Chad said, as he handed the bag to the old man by shoving it in his hands. “You would move around a lot quicker if you were to go to the gym instead of watching TV and eating cookies all day!”

This had clearly angered the short, bearded man!

“Listen here! Don’t you anger me anymore! You don’t know who you’re dealing with! I am a wizard! Just because you’re bigger and stronger that doesn't give you the right to make fun of others! How arrogant!” the man said in an angry tone of voice.

Chad just took it in stride and laughed.

“Yeah, well, you have a good day, fatty! If your belly keeps on getting bigger, you won’t be able to move at this rate!” Chad giggled, not realizing that he had just insulted the man again!

“Well, that was the last straw! You have just insulted Wesley the Wizard!” the man said out loud, as he set the bag on the floor. “You think you’re big and strong? Oh, really? You think you’re bigger and better than others? How arrogant! I will teach you a lesson! You are now cursed, my boy!”

Then, the bearded man started saying some magical verses in a weird language, which sounded like Latin. In the meantime, Chad thought that the man had just gone crazy, and tried to turn around and walk away, but he couldn't move! His feet were glued to the floor!

After about a minute or so, the man was done chanting his weird verses, when he concluded with one word.

“Bigger!”

Then the bearded man picked up his bag and walked away, towards the parking lot.

“What a total weirdo! A complete nutcase!” Chad just laughed. “Is THIS what I get for helping somebody?”

Then Chad walked into the store and bought his bag of cat food, not realizing what had just happened…

So... What kind of growth does Chad experience after this?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1913711-Cursed-to-Grow/cid/1509397-The-Beginning-of-the-Curse-of-Growth