*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A middle aged man
  2. Passing The Torch
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1920309-I-am-X-Almighty/cid/1607947-A-middle-aged-man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #1920309
One day, the former God decides to retire, and passes all his powers on to someone else.
This choice: A middle aged man.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A middle aged man

    by: DragoTime
Barry Jones was sat at work, bored out of his mind. He was sat at his desk, working slowly at a spreadsheet. He was 42 years old, and married to a woman named Samantha, who worked at a local high school. When they'd gotten married nearly 20 years ago, she'd been a real stunner, but time had taken its toll on both of their looks, and their marriage was suffering too. They had two daughters, Becky (Aged 16) and Laura (Aged 19). Suddenly there was a pop-up on his screen, indicating that he had a new e-mail. He opened it, and read it.

Congratulations Barry Jones! You've been chosen out of everyone on Earth to be the next God! You are now completely omnipotent! Have fun!

Figuring it was Junk mail, Barry marked it as such.
"I'm sure someone had a fun 5 minutes coming up with that one," he said. He kept working on the spreadsheet, when suddenly something else popped up.

This program has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Right then, the spreadsheet closed.
"What!?" Barry exclaimed. "I hadn't saved! Come on! Come back!" Just then, the spreadsheet re-opened, exactly as he'd left it, as if nothing had happened.
"Uh..thanks computer," Barry said. Relieved, he saved the spreadsheet, and kept working. As he did, he drank the last few drops of his coffee.
"God, I wish I had more," Barry sighed. His eyes widened as he saw his mug re-fill itself magically. "What the fuck!?" He was amazed at what he'd seen. He thought back to the mysterious e-mail he'd gotten.
"No...I couldn't be God...could I?" he asked himself. He looked down at his coffee and pointed at it. "Alright, if I'm God...coffee, turn into wine." In an instant, his coffee turned a bright red, clear colour. Barry picked the mug up and drank it. "It is wine!"

Barry sat back and smiled, amazed by what he'd done. His wildest fantasies could come true in an instant, but what would he do first?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DragoTime (UN: dragotime at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragoTime has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1920309-I-am-X-Almighty/cid/1607947-A-middle-aged-man