*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2118363-In-due-time
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: In due time.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

In due time.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"In due time, my dear." Calmly, dad said. "You do have something that will even the odds but, like your brothers, you must discover this on your own." Seeing you pout, he added, "This is something that can not be rushed, it will come to you when it is ready."

With that, he walked out of the room. You stood there for a minute, considering what dad had said then wondered what it was you could possibly have to even the odds with a family of mad scientists. Dad knew that a mystery unsolved drove you crazy and had just given you a big one to figure out! Only you had no clue how to start even trying to unravel it.

"Once dad decides not to talk about something, it is impossible to get anything out of him." Frustrated, you muttered to yourself. "That leaves Tex and Matt though I doubt they know anything of any worth." You paused, seeing James walking in through the front door. "Maybe he knows something..."

"Exactly what is it that you are hoping I know, Jessica?" Hearing you, James inquired. "I just got back home so what possible could I know about what had transpired here in the last several months?"

"Oh I have plenty of questions for you, James." Irritated, you snapped. "Only I will be satisfied with knowing exactly what it is I have that dad won't talk about."

James flashed you a knowing smile. He knew exactly what you were talking about! Hope began to form in your eyes until he calmly replied...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. If dad won't say, why would I?

2. In due time, dear sister.

*Noteb*
3. Ask Aunt Viva.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2118363-In-due-time