*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The First Day of Summer
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1961219-The-Shifting-Sisters/cid/2255938-The-First-Day-of-Summer
by Frost
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1961219
Three size changing sisters have a very odd relationship.
Chapter #1

The First Day of Summer

    by: Frost
For Riley Lancaster, the best thing about having size changing powers, aside from toying with her sisters, was the fact that it made packing so much easier. She had an entire apartment’s worth of furniture, clothes, and food inside her backpack’s pencil pouch. Of course, she made sure to brag about it to her followers, posting a picture online of her dorm and then one of its contents fitting in the palm of her hand.

She stood just outside her house. She figured she could grow herself and just rip off the roof to make an entrance but decided not to. The last time she tried, she spent the entire winter break inside her sister Audrey’s slippers. Her Christmas gift was a day away from her sister’s feet. Needless to say, Riley settled for the front door.

Inside, Riley spotted Audrey sitting on the couch.The oldest sister sat with her feet on the couch and a bowl of popcorn in her hands. She spotted her returning sister and waved.

“Oh, Riley, you’re here already?”

Riley nodded and set her bag on the floor. “Yeah, Mom and Dad got me a bus ticket.”

“You could have mailed yourself. I would have loved to open you up in a package,” Audrey chuckled before stuffing her face with some more popcorn.

Riley rolled her eyes. “And then you’ll ship me to Canada.”

“Nothing that drastic,” Audrey shot back. She held her hand to her heart. “You think too low of me.”

Joining her sister on the couch, Riley grabbed a handful of popcorn. “So where’s Mom and Dad?”

“Antartica,” Audrey hummed, “or the North Pole. I didn’t bother asking which. All I know is that there’s a fuck-ton of snow.”

“I thought they left next week.”

“Nope.”

Riley took some more popcorn. “Where’s Penny?”

Audrey laughed and shook her bowl of popcorn around.

Feeling her stomach drop, Riley spat out the glob of food in her mouth and fingered through it, searching for a speck sized girl. “Oh God, what did you do?”

“You should be asking what she did.” Audrey popped another piece of popcorn before setting aside her bowl. “You won’t believe this. She kept her ex inside her boot for three days. Three days, Rile. I can’t let something like this go unpunished.”

Riley shot up from the couch. “I’m going to check and see if I ate her.”

“Relax, sis,” she shot back. She dug inside the popcorn bowl and pulled out a tiny speck. “Here she is.” Audrey held out her tiny sister for Riley to see. Sure enough, their youngest sister was sitting on the tip of Audrey’s finger. “Aaand she’s gone,” she hummed right before sucking her finger.

“Jeez, you’re going to really hurt her like that.”

“Sheece thine.” Audrey stuck her tongue out. “Thee?”

Riley leaned in and spotted her shrunken younger sister. The tiny girl was stuck on the tip of Audrey’s tongue, too dazed to realize what was happening. She tried to squirm, but the saliva kept her trapped.

Audrey scraped at her tongue and picked off her sister with her fingernail. She wiped her saliva soaked finger off on the couch and flicked her wrist. Within seconds, Penny began to grow back to her normal size.

“I hate you,“ Penny mumbled, staring down her oldest sister.

Audrey only laughed. “You know the rules, kiddo.”

“Whatever,” Penny scoffed. “Can I get my crystal back now?”

The oldest sister shook her head. “Nope. Mom said I can take it away if I think you’re misbehaving. And you are, so I’ll give it back after three days.”

“Three days?!” Penny fell back on her chair, not caring if her spit soaked hair stained the couch. “What am i supposed to do until then?”

Audrey pointed at her sock-clad toes. “You could always start Summer off on the right foot.”

Penny stood up and began to walk away. “I’m going to my room.”

Just as quickly, there was a snap of fingers and Penny immediately shrunk back to her size at a quarter of an inch tall. She groaned and let out a yell as she was plucked back into the air.

“Not so fast, Penny,” Audrey taunted, dangling her shrunken sister in the air. “I’m not finished yet.”

Penny yelled some expletives, but Audrey couldn’t hear it. Her heart began to race again as she realized how high in the air she was.

“Like I mentioned earlier,” Audrey started, sitting back onto the couch and joining her sister Riley, “Mom left me in charge, and what I say goes. So, I’ve decided that..."


Bonus Chapter Zero: "New Scenarios
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Frost (UN: mr.tactical at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Frost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1961219-The-Shifting-Sisters/cid/2255938-The-First-Day-of-Summer