*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Dead to Rites
  2. Catch of the Titans
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1961420-Playthings-of-the-Gods/cid/2021125-Dead-to-Rites
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1961420
An entire town gets ripped from the earth by six giant gods and carried home for fun
This choice: Susan the priestess  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Dead to Rites

    by: Unknown
Susan expects another disappointment.
She had set up the runes in front of the altar in the hexagram pattern. She had lit the sacred incense, chanted, and waved her specially crafted staff in the air as she danced. It was all part of the ritual to summon the Gods but after so many attempts and a depressing zero number of successes, Susan was beginning to worry that her whole life had been a life studying a lie; the Gods were not real, her magic was just a fake dream.

Then something happens this time. Something that has never ever happened before. The runes glow brightly, a flame compared to the usual, barely visible hues. The entire temple rumbles slightly, followed by a series of larger quakes. The entire town is trembling as if a storm was ripping it from the foundation and flying it across the sky.
"Spare me! Please Gods, I believe and I will serve!" screams the priestess with a newfound faith. When the shaking of her entire world stops, and the entire temple is in shambles with blocks missing from the sound walls and the sacred arrangement spread out everywhere. A massive eye peeks through the only empty space of the often dark temple. The eyelid flutters and sends gusts of air into the room.

You have the following choices:

1. A giant hand reaches to grab her

*Noteb*
2. A bold Susan hurls a projectile at the giant eye

*Noteb*
3. Susan attempts another spell

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Deanthrocyte1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1961420-Playthings-of-the-Gods/cid/2021125-Dead-to-Rites