*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The night is dark...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1968978-Monsters-Among-Us/cid/1752060-The-night-is-dark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1968978
Monsters exist. Do you hunt them? Or join them?
Chapter #1

The night is dark...

    by: Kingfisher
Do not fear the dark, my child, for it may never hurt you. But be steadfast of the horrors that dwell within it, for they may consume you. These are the words that my father passed to me, as I now pass to you. Little did I know the importance of these words.

In the real world monsters are myth. They don't exist.
The only monsters that you would see are in horror movies or in cheesy romance stories where werewolfs can't seem to keep their shirts on. Everything is all hunky-dory.

Now lets talk about my world, the world that I never wanted to know about. The world that changed me. In this world, monsters DO exist, the things that go bump in the night are beings that we thought only existed in our dreams and the "Real" world is none the wiser.

Now you're in my world. The world that humanity thought had died long ago and had been turned into old wives tales.
What you decide to do with this knowledge is up to you, but as you read my journal, know this. Humanity has, for over 300 years, lived alongside these creatures. whether they know it or not. Not every one of these beings wish to harm humans. I found this out the hard way, I had befriended one of their kind and now the order has issued my death warrant. Time has betrayed me and soon I will be gone. Another "Martyr for the cause. A hero that died fighting God's mistakes". Those words are poison on my tongue now.

I leave this journal to whatever poor sap finds it.

Good luck.

Matthew Thompson~
December 29th 2013

______________________________________________________________

I found this book two years ago....

I thought it was the writings of a madman. A dusty old book in a box, left out next to a yard-sale sign.
But after reading it, I began to notice things.

I've had the strangest feeling that I'm being watched for almost a week now and it's maddening.

I've even caught myself "Scanning the room". thinking that I may find something that would prove that I wasn't crazy
but all in vain.

I've read and re-read that journal. There was that entry from the author, Matthew Thompson,
then there were other parts that I couldn't make out but something is telling me that there's more to it.
Was I mad for believing some of the stuff in that book? or was I mad for ignoring it?

Something tells me I'm about to find out real soon....
Someone -or something- was knocking at my door, and people don't normally
come to visit me, let alone at 3:00 A.M.


Okay, as per the usual interactive, I have to ask...

You have the following choices:

1. I'm Male

2. I'm Female

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kingfisher (UN: chad9978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kingfisher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1968978-Monsters-Among-Us/cid/1752060-The-night-is-dark