*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Startling discovery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972656-A-new-RoleFictional-CharactersYou/cid/1729788-A-Startling-discovery
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Adult · #1972656
What if you could transform into characters? What if they lived your life instead of you?
Chapter #1

A Startling discovery

    by: brandygang
One day, Matt was looking through his friend's garage.Matt's family themselves had a garage sale recently, so much was cleaned out and sold off, but countless dusty old items remained to be seen. As the two looked through, the sassy blond Sarah, and Matt's sister Jane played ball out front and called to them.

"Ain't you knuckleheads bored of looking yet? There's nothing but dusty lamps and old knick knacks in there." Sarah said. Sarah wasn't particularly as close to the boys, but she was close friends with Jane so tended to spend time with them by association.

"Maybe they'll find some sort of Genie." Jane joked to herself, her short dark hair shining in the sun as she wiped the sweat off her forehead.

Matt and Brandon scavenged through item after item, all fascinating treasures to them. But, they too tired out and got bored with everything each the same after awhile.

"I'm beat. Let's go back inside, I'm sure my mom has made us lunch by now." Matt told Brandon, tired from digging and his hands quite dirty.

"Okay, I'll met you up in a little bit." Brandon said. They bumped fist and went off.

A few minutes passed and Brandon thought he'd go through one more container. It was a dusty case with a silver plating and multi-colored band decorating the handle. He struggled to get it open, but after prying it with a wrench a series of dark coins and colorful gems rained out. He'd be rich! Just fantasying about all the things he could buy with the jewels, Brandon started picking up them up one by one, when a stray artifact had fallen into the corner. Peaking underneath a table to get it, it was different than the others. Ruby red, it was a ring that slipped right around his finger. It glowed a ghastly red haze, and Brandon suspected without a doubt it was magic of some kind.

"Neat! I wonder what this thing can do." Suddenly with those words, it grew hot and pulsed a steaming red as if on a stove, yet it didn't hurt the boy at all. Instead he heard a cryptic voice inside his head.

"If another familiar ye wish to seek, give it a wish and a knock and into you they shall peak!"

"Familiar? Like a friend or relative?" Brandon thought. This must be able to summon forth creatures or help he guessed, of some kind. He thought of all the cool fictional characters that maybe he could try out, but familiar should be someone he was close to right? Without delay, he announced

"I wish Matt's Sister Jane was right here now!"

You have the following choices:

1. Nothing Happens yet

2. The Ring Activates

3. A Wish for Fictions

4. B coming characters

5. C what else

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 brandygang (UN: brandygang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brandygang has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972656-A-new-RoleFictional-CharactersYou/cid/1729788-A-Startling-discovery