*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2075317-Adventures-of-Texas/cid/2240795-Texas-is-missing-Its-up-to-April-to-save-
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2075317
Follow Sheriff Texas as she tries to take back her town! Or get squashed in the process.
This choice: Texas is missing! It's up to April to save the day  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Texas is missing! It's up to April to save ...

    by: Mrthatoneidiotguy
April Briggs knew from the moment her alarm clock rattled to life at the crack of dawn that something was off. Maybe it was her city-slicker senses, but she knew today wasn't going to be an ordinary day.

That feeling only continued to build when she arrived at the sheriff's office and found it suspiciously empty. Usually Texas would have already been here for an hour, diligently studying crime reports and trying to find out who might be behind them.

The deputy kicked into detective mode as she sniffed around around her boss's office, her fox nose acutely picking up the scent of something... exotic. April was new to this city, but not that new; Texas's workstation reeked of the land down under, and she knew that Roxxie Roo must be involved.

"Aw, varmints." April said out loud, unconsciously picking up one of her boss's mannerisms. "I guess I gotta save the day today."

----------------------------------

April knew from previous run-ins with the detestable kangaroo that she was most likely roosted in her old hideout, a small shack on the edge of town with a stable designed to hold her unruly horse, Buttserscotch.

"How should I do this?" she thought to herself. "I can stay silent, sneak in undetected, scope the place out and find out where she's holding Texas. Then I can break her free and we can take on this stupid marsupial together."

"Or..." she instinctively reached down and felt to make sure her pistol was in its holster. "I could burst down the front door with the element of surprise and hold her at gunpoint. There's no way she wouldn't give up Tex's location if she were staring down my barrel."

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mrthatoneidiotguy (UN: mrthatoneidiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SquashedFlat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2075317-Adventures-of-Texas/cid/2240795-Texas-is-missing-Its-up-to-April-to-save-