*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Settings
  2. Introduction & Story Selection
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263231-Settings
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Settings  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Settings

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
Unlike the other chapters, assumed to follow characters around the everyday workings of a children's restaurant and entertainment venue, the option here is to play around with the setting. The location of Gerbert's is just as much a character as the human (and inhuman) denizens, as much the director of its own growth as any single person.

Stories within this category explore the alternate what-ifs from the establishment of Gerbert's being radically different. Of how the business has succeeded or failed and what reputation has formed in the public consciousness. And more importantly, how the avenues for weight gain change.

Depending on the altered setting some characters may appear again in new roles. Or new characters may be created. Particularly in areas where the franchise is said to gain in popularity there's likely new mascots alongside Gerbert, Hippo Don, Moolia, Fuchsia and Bellixie. Yet the original mascots should not be forgotten about, as the banner of all these ventures is still Cosmic Crew Entertainment.

Shopping Mall

Little has changed for this version of Gerbert's, the restaurant and play layout being nearly exact save for a key difference. Instead of being a standalone establishment, Gerbert's is housed within the local mega-mall. As such the main cast and crew would likely be the same (or different if you prefer) yet the proximity Gerbert's has creates new risks and tension. Without its previous isolation what would the feeding and horror of Gerbert's be like butting against more normal establishments? What conflicts are between the Gerbert's staff and that of the other properties? Then again, there's something to be said for the mall's food court. And anyone in need of an upped wardrobe size need only walk to the closest clothing store.

Party Warehouse

At Cosmic Crew Parties Delivered, why go out to book your child's birthday when the fun can come right to you? The business model has switched from attracting customers to a single location to renting out the animatronics to private affairs. The most advanced versions of the mascot animatronics are stored at this warehouse, capable of full ambulatory support for their entertainment routines. With the 'fun' being delivered right to your home, it leaves the party warehouse as a very utilitarian place. Although the catering floor is more or less normal the problems really begin at the designated animatronic housing and maintenance. Every problem that could be had with the animatronics is had for the repair mechanics and the overstressed transport drivers setting up each party. With this as the most isolated version of Gerbert's in some respects the traumatic issues the company begets are out of the public eye. As such personnel safety (and basic employee comfort) has fallen by the wayside.

Horror Attraction

Get your fright on at Gerbert's Scarefest, an up and coming horror attraction put on by new ownership. Based on the various permutations of the horrific crimes claimed to occur at the original Gerbert Gerbil's, fulfilling childhood memories is abandoned in favor of targeting a mature audience with subverted nostalgia. Whatever happened at Gerbert's was really bad. Although many say that with those uncanny, off-putting jerky animatronics the endeavor was doomed to fail from the outset. The proprietors of the horror attraction have strived for a mix of macabre atmosphere and restaurant authenticity. Just don't expect any competent cooks anytime soon, as what other amenities beyond the haunted walk are still up in the air. As for the main draw itself the utilities and effects are overdone and untested. Will Gerbert's Scarefest turn into the coolest haunt or the lamest tourist trap? Or more horribly, the latest terror.

Television Show

Within the intellectual property of the Gerbert's brand is an animated cartoon following the mascot characters. The next show proves to be more ambitious, bridging animated shorts with live action performers and animatronic puppets, all set on a very far out 'Cosmic Crew Central Station.' Rather, a television studio's creation of a Gerbert's looking establishment set on an orbiting space station (orbiting what planet, again?). For a television show way over budget there's a delicious amount of cheese, be it from the break table or the mediocre performance, scripts and acting. In many ways having a part on Gerbert's is more of a career killer than a career launcher (we mean this in the figurative sense...we think...), thanks to the dubious life lessons the show aims to teach. Inconsistent continuity, unresearched science, unhealthy habits and the most inaccurate view of space? This will likely not be genius programming, rather a collective hissy fit for those having stardom go to their head!

Amusement Park

Instead of failing, Cosmic Crew Entertainment's flagship franchise has been more successful than anyone could have ever expected. The crowning achievement is this small amusement park with planned expansion well underway, Gerbert's Galaxy Spaceport! Food and entertainment has spread out to include unprecedented attractions for the Gerbert's franchise. With this broadening of the brand many new mascots have been created, to say nothing of the many jobs created to cook, clean, repair and secure the facility. With an amusement park the reach of Gerbert's is bigger and better than ever! A credence taken to the heart of management, the bigger the better. Yet given the karmic imbalance due to the franchise park may not be too big to fail. Accidental doom (to say nothing of premeditated doom) can now hit the biggest scale of catastrophe.

You have the following choices:

1. Shopping Mall

2. Party Warehouse

3. Horror Attraction

4. Television Show

5. Amusement Park

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263231-Settings