*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Audrey Durant
  2. Introducing the Five
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/2559302-Audrey-Durant
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #2171124
Five ladies getting large and gaining weight in a cramped townhouse.
This choice: Audrey Durant (26) the tall, blonde, bespeckled over-stressed head of house  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Audrey Durant

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
The past few years had almost made Audrey Durant snap.

Although she had been close to her sisters and cousin when they were kids that was back when, as the oldest, she could maintain her authority from age alone. Back before they lived together as adults. Audrey had thought they would be fine on sharing rent, after all they were family. That was before she realized that sisters were meant to go out into the world on their own after they grew up.

She really wished they would go out.

Her sisters were just horrendous, treating her like she was mom. They were adults that could pick up behind themselves and do something with their lives. Maybe, just maybe, Audrey hoped, Reagan and Phoebe would get somewhere in life once they completed college. But their combined work ethic left little to stoke these hopes.

Her cousin Ixchel was practically a saint compared to the twins. She actually had a steady job and contributed to rent. While she wasn’t out to make Audrey’s life miserable she had gotten far too cozy at the townhouse. For all her genius she could be a bit of a scatterbrain sometimes. Audrey found all of Ixchel’s favorite books and movies mixed up in places they shouldn’t be. Ixchel could get tunnel focused when she was working on a difficult problem, tuning out the rest of the world and barging in unannounced.

And then there was Uma. Audrey may have caved in too easily when Uma needed a place to stay but she was her best friend. Audrey had to mature quickly, being the oldest of three girls, and it was Uma who had taught her how to have fun again. Once having an outsider’s perspective, it was Uma who kept Audrey’s spirits lifted through life’s little challenges. Yet she had a knack for never volunteering and avoiding most of the work. This living arrangement was starting to feel one sided, with Uma being all take and no give. That was before Audrey factored in the foibles of five women living together.

When was the last time she could have a private bubble bath? Audrey couldn’t remember. The townhouse’s three bathrooms and five residents meant there was always going to be inconvenient overlap when trying to freshen up. Sometimes it was Ixchel barging in, as mentioned before, watching a gaming stream on her phone or listening to her work boosting music. Or it was Phoebe forgetting about closed-door policy, yet again, even if she apologized for it and could Audrey please pass her the deodorant?

Or Audrey never got to use the bathroom whenever Uma was washing off her post workout sweat or Reagan inconsiderately ignored every knock on the door to hurry up because get off her back, she was still getting ready.

Even when Audrey got a chance to take a break she could still hear whatever her roommates were up to thanks to the thin walls of the house. Plus, to add insult to injury, there were the constant cracks about her weight.

Audrey hadn’t always been fat but being naturally big boned and tall she had never really been thin either. She was the frumpy, dumpy shaped older daughter who filled out too much where the twins were blessed with hot bods. Audrey’s blonde hair always got out of her control. Her budget was stretched thin so she rarely got new clothes, so most of her apparel was getting frayed and a midge snug. When she wasn’t finding it lost in someone else’s hamper.

As she cleaned her glasses, Audrey felt like she wasn’t living her own life. Everyone left her to do most things. She was far too pragmatic for her own good, as her roommates had become accustomed to Audrey handling the bills and domestic needs. When was she going to have the chance to live her own life?

It turned out it was going to be another stressed out day for poor Audrey.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/2559302-Audrey-Durant