*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Let the Game Begin
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2192936-Tails-and-the-Cursed-Board-Game/cid/2670664-Let-the-Game-Begin
by Dopple
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Animal · #2192936
Tails buys a mysterious board game and plays with friends then all sorts things happen
Chapter #1

Let the Game Begin

    by: Dopple
It was the middle of the day and Sonic and Tails were on patrol in town making sure no Eggman schemes were happening and lucky for them nothing was. “It’s nice to have a day where Eggman does nothing at all and we can enjoy the day ourselves”. Sonic agrees and replies, “You said it little buddy. Why don’t we go ahead and grab ourselves a couple of chili dogs?”. Tails agreed and began following Sonic until he saw something in the corner of his eye. It was a small dark tent that seemed to be calling him to enter and ran inside with Sonic following. He started looking around and seeing many items that could be classified as either intriguing or bizarre and maybe both. “Look at all this stuff. Would you want to get anything Sonic?”. “Nah, all this stuff looks weird to me.” They both kept looking around until Tails found a medium size rectangular box. The top was blank so Tails opened the book and saw many pieces looking like it being part of a game. “I think this a board game we should buy it”. Sonic began looking at it himself and gave his opinion, “This looks normal from the rest of things around here. Why not”. They tried looking around for the owner when a figure in a cloak looking to be an elderly female alligator comes out of the shadows. “Greetings. How may I help you?”. Tails slightly afraid still asked, “Hello ma’am. How much for the board game?”. “Ah, I’d be willing to part with it for twenty rings.” Tails thought it as a steal and paid for it while Sonic shouted out, “Come on Tails!” Just as they were leaving the elderly alligator was preparing to give a warning. “Beware new owners of the game. You will be faced with many strange occurrences as you... oh they’re gone. I’m sure they find out sooner or later. Good luck”.

Tails caught up with Sonic and then asking, “Can you call the rest of our friends to play tonight”. Sonic replies, “Sure. Right after we enjoy those chili dogs. Tails just laughed and followed Sonic to get their meals.

Later that night, Sonic and his friends gathered at Tails’ house and workshop. They were all enjoying drinks and snacks while they were waiting for the last two guests to arrive. The ones who showed up already, excluding Sonic, were Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Shadow, and Rouge. Finally, the last two guests Silver and Blaze finally arrived with Tails to greet them while Silver had something to say, “Did you know Eggman is spying you outside”. Tails looked outside and sure enough Eggman was outside. “Eggman? What are you doing here?”. Eggman explained, “Well a little robo birdie told me you were going to play a game together. Can I join you pleeeaase?”. Tails didn't trust him but still asked, “Are you going to cheat?” to which Eggman nodded no but Tails can clearly see him crossing his fingers but gave up and let him inside. Tails then revealed the game and pulled the tome like manual and read the premise of the game. All players are friends who travel to many places and during their travels stumbled into a dark mysterious area where they tried to go back but can’t as some mysterious force prevents them to. A mysterious voice says the trespassers need to exit the other end of the land but while walking through will be inflicted with many curses on the way. Will the friends make it or all suffer from the curses never be seen again? After reading the premise of the game, some gave their thoughts. Shadow starts, “Normally I wouldn’t join in these ridiculous games, but this one sounds dark and morbid so I’ll join in. Amy continues, “Game sounds fun. Cream and I will play as long it doesn’t take too long for I need to take Cream home later”. Everyone else agreed thinking it was just a harmless board game. They each grabbed a game piece and placed it on the board with each piece changing color based on the player it represents.“So, who should go first?”. Sonic replies, “Since it’s your game why don’t you go first. Tails thought it was reasonable and grabbed the die and noticed there was a skull to represent a one. Though concerned he brushed it off and rolled the die and moved his piece and went and took a card as the rules state after each move a player must take a card or the game won’t continue.

He pulled a card from the stack and at first nothing was on it but after a few moments an image was beginning to form. Once the image was complete it showed...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Dopple (UN: sonifan1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dopple has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2192936-Tails-and-the-Cursed-Board-Game/cid/2670664-Let-the-Game-Begin