*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2789229-Sam-sees-Candace-without-Mara
Rated: GC · Interactive · Supernatural · #2202398
A group of friends battle the supernatural and look good while doing it...
This choice: Sam sees Candace... without Mara  •  Go Back...
Chapter #11

Sam sees Candace... without Mara

    by: HikerAngel
Sam awoke to his phone ringing.

“Hello?” he said groggily.

“Hey. Do you know if they found those parachutists?” came Matt’s voice on the other end of the line.

“Huh?”

“The people who fell into the pond! Do you know if the cops found their bodies?”

“I don’t know. Why?” said Sam, growing more awake by the moment.

“I just… I’ve been feeling weird ever since I touched them.”

“Weird?”

“Yeah. I don’t know how to explain it. Just more extreme, I guess. And when I was lifting this morning with the team, I could lift like way more than normal.”

“That is weird. What do you mean by more extreme?” Sam sat up in his bed. Matt had his attention now. Hadn’t Candace said something about feeling strange as well? Maybe their feelings were related...

“Just… nevermind. Anyway, let me know if you find anything out, ‘kay?”

“No problem.”

Sam hung up the phone and thought about Matt’s words for a moment. He was feeling strange. So was Candace. Matt said he was stronger too. Maybe that was unrelated. It sure didn’t seem like it would have anything to do with the events at the pond. Candace hadn’t mentioned anything like that.

Sam thought back to two days ago at the pond. When those skydivers had hit the water, there was a static electricity discharge or something in the water. That’s what had stopped Candace’s heart. Or at least he assumed that’s what it was. It had all happened so quickly!

After finishing his chores around the house, Sam looked at his phone. It was 2:00! He had an hour to shower and get ready to see Candace. There were two texts as well. Both from Mara.

“Member 3pm”

“*Cough* :)”

Sam smiled. Mara was so awesome. He felt a surge of appreciation for the athletic girl. She was going out of her way to help him with Candace. She always was a bit of a matchmaker, and he guessed that the appeal of finally setting up Candace with someone appealed to her. It was like the ultimate matchmaking challenge. He was just glad she had decided that he was the best candidate! It didn’t hurt, he supposed, that they had been friends since pre-school.

Sam showered, donned his favorite t-shirt and shorts, then sprayed a few puffs of the cologne he’d received as a graduation present. He didn’t want to overdo it, hence the t-shirt and shorts, but he did want to make a good impression.

He walked over to Candace’s house. She didn’t live far away, and he was there in a few minutes.

Sam gathered himself for a moment, smoothing out his shirt and checking his breath before ringing the doorbell.

A moment later, the door practically flew open, a surprised Candace standing in the doorway. She seemed to recover quickly, smiling and moving to the side, motioning for Sam to come in.

“Come in, Sam. I’m glad you could make it,” Candace said. She was wearing a green tank and white short shorts, and she looked amazing.

“Thanks for the invite… unless Mara was making things up…” Sam smiled at her, focused on keeping his eyes on her face… which wasn’t particularly difficult, since her complexion was looking more flawless than usual today. Candace laughed.

“Mara actually said she was sick… but I think she just wants to see Matt. I think those two have been going on runs together or something. She was all thirsty for him this morning after she saw him with his shirt off. Called him ‘Mr. Nummy.’ She’s so funny.”

“Yeah, Mara’s great,” said Sam, laughing as he imagined Mara drooling over Matt.

As they walked into Candace’s bedroom, she closed the door.

“You can sit on the bed if you want.”

Sam did as indicated. Rather than take her desk chair, the only other seating option besides the bed, Candace sat next to him on the bed. Sam felt his pulse begin to race as a long, silky leg touched his.

Candace brushed a lock of her ginger hair behind her ear, shifting slightly toward him.

“I’ve never had a guy in my bedroom before. Especially not one as good-looking as you…” Candace placed her hand on his arm, her eyes finding his.

Holy shit!

Sam jumped up from the bed, suddenly uncomfortable. This was so unlike her. It was also too good to be true. He had barely dated in high school. And now the school’s hottie extraordinaire—looking better than ever—was coming on to him? What was going on here?

You have the following choices:

1. Candace, embarrassed, explains

*Noteb*
2. You ain't seen nothing yet!

*Noteb*
3. Matt shows up

*Noteb*
4. Mara shows up

*Noteb*
5. Something else happens...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 HikerAngel (UN: hikerangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2789229-Sam-sees-Candace-without-Mara