*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2777340-Kat-goes-for-her-bra-fitting-with-her-mother
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #2203788
Nondescript high school girls growing larger and more beautiful than those who taunt them
This choice: Kat goes for her bra fitting with her mother...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #13

Kat goes for her bra fitting with her mother...

    by: HikerAngel
Kat arrived home to find a stern look on her mother’s face, though Kat thought she also detected a note of disappointment in the older woman’s eyes. Her mother tapped her watch.

“What took you so long, Kat? Don’t you remember? We talked about this. I’m taking you for a bra fitting this evening!”

“I’m so sorry, mom. See, the choir director came to me this morning and kinda strong-armed me into being in the choir. He wants me to be the lead in this opera that they’re doing, and...” Kat trailed off as she watched her mother’s expression change. Her mature eyebrows shifted from a furrow to a suprised arch; her lips, from a frown to a slowly blossoming smile.

“The lead? In the choir?” The woman clapped her hands together and bounced on the balls of her feet, her delight evident.

“Why didn’t you say so, dear? My daughter… the lead in an opera…” Kat’s mother seemed to be testing the never before spoken phrases on her tongue. Judging by her widening smile—now Cheshire sized—she must have liked their flavor. Her eyes sparkled with eager energy like a Kardashian in front of a camera.

Kat’s shoulders slumped in relief. This news seemed to be going over rather well. Kat supposed she shouldn’t be entirely surprised. Her mother was the driving force behind her ballet lessons, as much as Kat hated them. She typically liked any activities that were geared toward developing her daughter into an elegant and refined lady. Kat knew that her mother’s intentions were noble. She simply wanted the best for her daughter. That was her notion of “best.”

It was just that sometimes Kat didn’t feel the desire to be an elegant, refined lady. Sometimes, she just wanted to simply relax, be herself, to do her own thing. Still, her developing body and improving voice seemed tailor made for the choir/ballet activity combination that her mom so clearly desired for her. If she were really good at them both—good enough to make Vanessa, Angelica, and others of their ilk respect her—maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe it would even be a chance to get even with those other girls, to beat them at their own games.

Kat’s mom opened the front door, motioning for Kat to go through. As Kat walked out to the car, she felt an arm come around her, then a kiss atop her head.

“I know I don’t say it enough, but I’m proud of you, dear.”

Kat’s eyes began to well with emotion. It was rare for her mother to express such a sentiment. Kat spun from her grasp, then dove in to hug her mother. The two stood there for a brief moment before parting. Kat wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall.

Kat and her mom were chatting away, bonding in a way they never had before, as they arrived at the mall and entered the lingerie shop. Something, however, caught the corner of Kat’s eye, however… Rather, someone. She gasped as she turned and saw who it was.

It was Angelica. She was wearing a name badge and holding a measuring tape. Did she work here?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 HikerAngel (UN: hikerangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2777340-Kat-goes-for-her-bra-fitting-with-her-mother