*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jessica
  2. Characters and Setup
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2740646-Jessica
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #2203788
Nondescript high school girls growing larger and more beautiful than those who taunt them
This choice: Jessica  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Jessica

    by: HikerAngel
Jessica lifted the book with all of her meager strength and set it on top of her dresser as she arrived back in her bedroom. She wasn’t quite sure why she bought it. She just wanted something that would give her hope that one day, she would be taller and prettier too. Images of herself as a beautiful princess in the arms of her prince flashed through her mind. She smiled at the thought.

“Oh, you’re back, dwarfling!” Lisa, her older sister called from the doorway.

Jessica whirled. Her middle sister wasn’t huge, but at 5’3”, she was six inches taller and thirty pounds heavier than the diminutive girl. Lisa’s standard expression when speaking to Jessica was a sneer. Today’s was no exception.

“You need to be quiet and not make those screechy scratchy noises you call singing while I practice actual music on my cello,” said Lisa. With that, she turned and went to her room to practice her Mozart piece for her college scholarship audition.

Jessica sighed, then turned her attention back to the book. She hauled the heavy old tome over to her bed, lay down, and began to flip through the pages. She found a story about a girl who ate a magic cake and grew larger and taller. She wished that would happen to her!

She read the story until it was done, falling asleep at the end.

“JESS-I-CAAAAA!” came the call from her mom from the kitchen below. “Dinner’s ready!”

Jessica awoke with a start! She looked at the book, still open on her chest. It was blank! She flipped a few more pages. All blank. What the heck! she thought. There were stories in here before I went to sleep. I know there were!

Her mother called her to dinner again. She jumped up from the bed… and wobbled for a moment as if she were unused to the length of her legs. That’s weird, she thought. The room seemed smaller somehow. Everything seemed shorter. She must have been having a really weird dream, because her body and her perspective seemed different than she was used to.

Jessica shrugged it off and ran downstairs to dinner. Her mom didn’t like any of the girls to keep the family waiting for dinner.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 HikerAngel (UN: hikerangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2740646-Jessica