*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2774447-The-choir-director-overhears-Kat
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #2203788
Nondescript high school girls growing larger and more beautiful than those who taunt them
This choice: The choir director overhears Kat, and...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #11

The choir director overhears Kat

    by: The Martian
Kat began her morning with her now standard full body inspection with twirl-for-effect. Hair healthier, check. Height higher, check. Breasts bouncier, butt bigger, check check. Beauty blossoming, legs lengthening and tummy toning, check check check. The fact that some of her clothes now felt tighter, particularly in the chest, only added to the developing girl's delight. Kat was a full B-cup now and the perky mounds swiftly introducing themselves to the world would soon require actual bras. That was a rite of passage she had never undergone and where once she would have dreaded the need to spend any more time than absolutely necessary shopping with her Mom, Kat now thought such an outing might involve slightly less harsh criticism and slightly more mother-daughter bonding.

"Of course we can go shopping for bras," her Mom replied with a sweet little smile that stopped Kat in her tracks for a moment. She hadn't seen her mother make such a genuine expression of affection since she was a little girl. It seemed like her Mom had been waiting for a day like this to arrive, as though one of the joys of having a daughter was watching her grow into a woman. Kat had never developed anything like an adult figure and so her Mom had been denied the pleasure of milestones like taking her daughter shopping for her first bra. Until now. After a moment Kat smiled back and hoped this might be the start of a better relationship with her Mom.
"While we're at it we can do something about your wardrobe. You have far too many jeans and t-shirts and not nearly enough blouses, skirts and dresses. You're growing at last and I'm going to make sure you become not just a woman but a lady if it's the last thing I do!" There it was, the old fire was back, but somehow it was warmer. Her Mom was so enthusiastic about doing the best she could for her daughter that Kat couldn't bring herself to oppose it. Besides, she reasoned, if she kept getting taller and leggier then skirts and dresses would be much more forgiving. She'd have to buy a new pair of jeans every time she grew another inch otherwise.

The prospect of having wardrobe trouble because she was growing taller and bustier put a smile on Kat's face and a spring in her step which lasted the entire way to school. In fact, she was still humming a merry tune and practically skipping through the halls on the way to her locker when a long arm shot out of the doorway she'd just passed and a strong hand grasped the back of her collar. Kat's forward motion was suddenly arrested from the top, sending her legs flying out from under her and then swinging back until she hung, dangling by the neck of her shirt, in the iron grip of Herr Kaufmann the music teacher.
"Do zat again," he barked in his thick German accent. This was a problem for Kat since she couldn't tell if he was being serious or sarcastic. Did he actually want her to do whatever it was again or was he metaphorically daring her to continue her alleged rule-breaking to see what her punishment would be?
"Umm, do vot? Oh! I mean do what?" She corrected quickly, copying his pronunciation accidentally. He didn't seem to even notice.
"Ze singing girl, ze pure vocalisation I haf just heard. More! Schnell!"
"Uh... sure. Uh... can you, um... put me down though?" She gasped out after a moment. Hanging by her shirt meant most of her body weight was held up by fabric bunched right around her throat. Kat didn't weigh much but it was still not the position most conducive to singing.
"Vot?" Herr Kaufmann bent his arm and swung her dangling form around to face him, then seemed to realise her predicament and lowered her to the ground where he loomed over her from his 6'4" height. "Ja, of course," he mumbled in something that almost resembled an apology.
"Thank you. Um, you want me to sing?" she asked quietly, still a bit bewildered by the entire encounter.
"Ja. I heard only a little but it vos the clearest tone I haf heard in years. I must know if you haf ze gift!" He glowered at her from under bushy grey eyebrows in grumpy expectation. Embarrassed and more than a little scared, Kat hummed a few bars from a pop song that had been playing on the bus earlier.
"Yessss!" Herr Kaufmann exulted. The light flashed off his round spectacles and the fist that no longer held Kat was clenched before him in victory like an evil mastermind whose scheme had come to fruition. "It is raw, untrained, but such clarity, such potential!" He hardly seemed to be speaking to her at all anymore. "Ze plans must be redrafted, ze positions reassigned. Zere is so much to be done!" Seeming to remember she was still present, the towering music teacher looked down at Kat again. "Be here after school. Do not be late! You are in ze choir now." So saying, he turned on his heel and stalked back into the music room, the door closing with a sharp click behind him.

It hadn't been a question or an offer, it was a statement of fact. Apparently Kat didn't get a say in whether or not she joined the choir, it had been decided. That was Herr Kaufmann's other role, she remembered. He taught music but he was also the school's choir director. Kat had sometimes wondered why the choir never lacked members despite its director's famously strict requirements and difficult temperament. Now she had some insight into his method of recruitment. Whether deliberately or not, Herr Kaufmann seemed to be using his intimidating manner for the benefit of the choir program. Talented singers were not too scared to join the choir, they were probably conscripted and were then too scared to leave.

Now Kat was one of them whether she liked it or not. She could only hope that choir practice didn't clash with ballet or her Mom would burst a vein trying to decide which elegant pastime was more ladylike and should be pursued at the expense of the other. For now though, Kat had a full day ahead of her and there was still an angry queen bitch to deal with.

You have the following choices:

1. Later, at choir practice...

*Noteb*
2. Bra shopping with Mom...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Martian (UN: floogenban at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2774447-The-choir-director-overhears-Kat