*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. New World Order: Good for Some, Not For Most
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2222158-Low-Prospects-for-Littles/cid/2837377-New-World-Order-Good-for-Some-Not-For-Most
by Ty975
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2222158
Today, the criminal, poor, and unlucky are condemned to be shrunk. Where do you fit in?
Chapter #1

New World Order: Good for Some, Not For Most

    by: Ty975
It seems a cruel trend that's risen up to consume what was once championed by ethical human morality has finally spread beyond anyone's control. When prisons became too crowded by the excess of impoverished people and rampant criminals, a solution was sought out to alleviate the monumental drain on the tax payers money. A solution was found in the rising reliability of shrinking technology, produced by private corporations as a means to reduce and safely detain large numbers of inmates in smaller capacity facilities. A controversial action, to be sure, though few really complained when the act passed and prisoners everywhere were reduced either for the duration of their sentence, or permanently.

Few thought it would escalate, but with the new practice making full blown prisons almost entirely obsolete, an economic vacuum was in need of filling. The prison system was now in possession of copious shrinking devices, millions of shrunken inmates, and little income. No one knows who's idea it was behind the scenes to turn these reduced persons, or 'tinies', into a product. Prisoners sentenced to life were packaged and auctioned off to the highest bidders. When the small stunt proved profitable, and demand for tinies increased, it took less than a year to put through legislation that made prison time synonymous with shrinking and redistribution.

The commoditization boosted the economy, but supply would always be limited. As ridiculous as the laws had become, the country was devastated to find new laws passed that found those under a specific economic line suitable for reduction. Today, any minor violation are drop into the poverty line has become grounds for arrest, shrinking, and being packaged as a commodity sold anywhere in the nation, though particularly favored in wealthier regions.

Who are you in all this?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Ty975 (UN: ty965 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ty975 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2222158-Low-Prospects-for-Littles/cid/2837377-New-World-Order-Good-for-Some-Not-For-Most