*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Your Journey Begins...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2227046-So-You-Want-To-Be-a-Hero/cid/2870227-Your-Journey-Begins
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2227046
Become a hero or die trying in this spoof\homage of classic RPG's.
Chapter #1

Your Journey Begins...

    by: Johnny Foxx
You strap the small dagger and leather pouch of gold to your belt, and bid your parents farewell one last time, before mounting your chestnut mare that you raised from a foal. Your mother is trying to hold back tears, of joy or sorrow, you cannot tell. Your father just gives you a proud smile, and they both wave goodbye as you ride away across the property line of your family's farm towards the capital.

Since the age o f five, you've always wanted to join the ranks of the Heroes. Your parents would tell you stories of the most famous Heroes from when they were your age, and their mighty and noble deeds. Slaying monsters, rescuing those in danger and distress, battling evil overlords who sought to enslave the land. Even as a child, you knew you wanted to be one of them. Today, you are finally of age to set out on your own, and fulfill your lifelong dream.

For three days, you ride West across fields and through forests until you reach the capital gates. Having grown up on a humble farm, you can't help but marvel at the sights of the magnificent city as your horse clops along through the cobblestone streets, not even noticing the stares and a few sneers you receive from the nobles dressed in their satin and velvet outfits.

You find yourself at the entrance to the Hero's Academy, where all Heroes train before officially joining the Guild. You hitch your horse by the entrance and enter a grand hall, the walls lined with tapestries bearing the Guild's insignia. At the end of the hall is a large desk of polished wood, a female elf sitting behind it, surrounded by parchment and writing quills. As you approached she looks up and says "May I help you?"

"I wish to enroll at the academy." You state proudly. The elf sighs before reaching under the desk and heaving up a massive ledger bound in leather and emblazoned with the Guild's symbol. "Name?" "Taren Feldrake." "Preferred class?"

(Before we go any further, is your character male or female? Also after selecting your class and sub-class, don't bother describing your time spent at the academy, and just skip ahead to when you graduate. This story is supposed to focus on Heroes, not Heroes-in-training.)

You have the following choices:

1. I am male

2. I am female

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Johnny Foxx (UN: jfoxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2227046-So-You-Want-To-Be-a-Hero/cid/2870227-Your-Journey-Begins