*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2231945-A-Wholly-Random-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #2231945
Where the story's progression is at the mercy of completely random words!

Where the story's progression is at the mercy of completely random words!

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
A story that will hopefully allow you to get your creative juices flowing! To be frank, I've no idea exactly how this will work out, but experimentation is a good thing, right?

The general premise is that after each chapter of this interactive, the choices that follow are to be single, completely random words, and it is up to the next poster to work out how that can be incorperated into a continuation of the story. For example, say I write a chapter that ends with somebody finding a treasure chest. I use this site - https://randomwordgenerator.com/ - to retrieve three random words. Any site is okay for doing so, as long as it's random! The three random words that come out of that is -

- Colony
- Dress
- Settle

These words form the basis of the next chapter. If you decide to choose 'Dress' and use that to say that there is one inside that treasure chest, then there's a lot you can do with it. Maybe the material is something otherworldly, or maybe it belonged to someone you once knew. Maybe you get an overwhelming compulsion to wear it as you hold it in your hands. Maybe you find something else hidden within the dress.

Hopefully people can have fun with this! A few more rules;

- This interactive will be labelled 13+, for the time being. I don't want to discourage people from doing what they want with an option, but if a story branch goes in such a way that things go to 18+ levels, then that is to be marked at the start of the interactive
- Any troll posts or posts that don't utilise the random word in some form will be deleted.
- The random words are ideally lifted from somewhere like https://randomwordgenerator.com/ but the source can come from anywhere - even your own mind if you want! I would rather you not choose words based on what you have written though - it would defeat the purpose of this interactive.
- The first chapter will consist of 'blank spaces' to allow for people to write a new story beginning. If the case arises where these all run out, then the last person to write an entry must provide at least one more blank space to allow future writers a chance to start their own branch.
- There is nothing stopping you from continuing a story yourself through several chapters. If the desire grips you then by all means go for it!
- It is recommended to keep your entries as open-ended as possible to allow for an easier time with the random words.
- There is no limit to how long each post can be. There is no lower limit either, but at least a paragraph is recommended.
- Stories can be ended at any point, should you feel you can bring it to a natural conclusion.

Have fun!
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 13+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2231945-A-Wholly-Random-Story