*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Sudden Knock at the Door
  2. A New Day
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2241680-A-Shrunken-Intern/cid/2973740-Sudden-Knock-at-the-Door
Rated: GC · Interactive · Erotica · #2241680
A tiny, malleable guy attempts to navigate life and an internship at a law firm
This choice: Sudden knock at the door  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Sudden Knock at the Door

    by: Alistair
The booming sound that signalled someone knocking your door with the toe of their shoe caused your whole apartment to rattle.
You almost choked on your toothbrush as the floor of your apartment shook at the impact, knocking you to the ground.
You scrambled back to your feet and quickly finished brushing your teeth.

Walking back into the main room, you wondered who it could be at your door, you didn’t have any plans today and weren’t expecting anyone. The kick to your door was also much harder than needed to get your attention, so you were wondering whether that was intentional or not.
If it wasn’t intentional you’d need to remind whoever it was to be more careful next time, and if it was intentional, then you worried about who it was that was trying to get your attention.
You noticed with a sigh that the force of the “knock” at your door had caused many of your things had fallen to the floor, you would need to put everything back in place once you dealt with whoever was at the door.

As you approached the door, you glanced out the window and saw a colossal pair of white, well worn sneakers. The owners feet were completely hidden by those and a pair of white socks which stretched high up their leg, well past your line of sight, and the feet were planted so close to your window you had no way of looking up to see who it was.
The sight of the imposing pair of feet so close to your apartment set you on edge, having a natural aversion to feet from past experiences throughout your life.

Sighing, and hoping this wouldn’t be an unpleasant visit, you opened your door and stepped out to greet your visitor.

1) You looked up and locked eyes with the scowling face of your landlady, Taylor Smith. You couldn’t be sure whether she was upset with you or if it was just her general dislike of you that was causing her to look angry at the moment. A brief fear that your mom may have been late with your rent flashed across your mind, but you pushed it back, she had never been late before so you hoped this wasn’t her first time.
2) Your heart drops as you look up into the familiar face of your high school bully and new coworker, Rebecca Lewis. She must have gotten your address from the records at Martinez, Anderson and Roberts, but why was she here. You hadn’t spoken with her since high school, so you hoped her attitude towards you had changed, although her malicious grin told you otherwise.
3) Your sister, Katherine, was staring down at you, smiling. This couldn’t be good for you, she was generally disinterested in you unless she wanted something, whether it was her thinking she could get you to help her with something or if she was just bored, regardless her reason for visiting would likely be for her benefit and very unpleasant for you.
4) You sigh with relief as all your fears are quashed by the sight of the smiling face of your oldest sister, Sarah. You aren’t sure the reason for her visit, but at least you know she wouldn’t do anything harmful to you.
5) The person who you find at the door isn’t someone who is immediately familiar to you. It may be someone who you know but haven’t seen for a while, or it could be a complete stranger. Your mind is slightly hazy from not being awake for very long. (Writer’s choice)
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Alistair (UN: allyboy1351997 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alistair has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2241680-A-Shrunken-Intern/cid/2973740-Sudden-Knock-at-the-Door