*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Another Morning on the Farm
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2270224-Wolfe-Family-Farm/cid/3216189-Another-Morning-on-the-Farm
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2270224
Come visit the Wolfe's, just your normal human-farming werewolf family.
Chapter #1

Another Morning on the Farm

    by: Johnny Foxx
It started out as anothr typical day on the farm, much like any other. The rooster crowed at the crack of dawn, waking the Wolfe family from their slumber. Robert, the patriarch of the family, yawned and stretched as he prepared for yet another day. Julia, his wife, got dressed and and went downstairs to prepare breakfast for the family as Robert took a quick shower.

When he came downstairs, everyone was already at the table eating eggs and bacon. As he sat down, Jeffrey, the family's human slave, brought him the morning newspaper. Jeffrey was the only human on the farm that wasn't livestock, having been raised from a young age to serve his owners. Though he was legally their property, the Wolfes always treated him well, even giving him his own bedroom on the second floor of the farmhouse.

After breakfast, as Robert and his son James prepared to start the day, the doorbell rang. Robert answered and scowled as he saw it was Marcus Fang, a vampire and owner of a blood farm in the next county. The Wolfes and the Fangs had been competing against each other in the human farming business for years. But while the Wolfes treated their livestock with respect and kindness, the Fangs saw humans as nothing more than animals, to be used for food and profit.

"Good morning." Said Marcus, and Robert only glared at him. The two of them weren't particularly find of each other, due to their differing methods and family rivalry. "What do you want?" Said Robert, almost growling the words. "I'll cut right to the chase." Said Marcus "I think we both can agree this silly rivalry between our families has gone in long enough. We're both successful businessmen, we each own the largest and most profitable farm in our respective counties. I come to offer you a deal that you would be crazy to refuse."

Robert grunted in response. He would humor the vampire, but he highly doubted he would even consider whatever offer he made. "My offer is this, I will pay you ten million dollars to sell your farm to me, including all your land and livestock. You and your family will never need to work again, and I will take ownership of - " But Robert cut him off "Are you insane? You really think would sell my farm to you of all people for any price? I know how you treat your stock. My family has owned this land for over a hundred years, we've worked very hard to become what we are now. I wouldn't sell this place for all the money in the world! Least of all to someone like you! Now get off my property!"

With that, Robert slammed the door in Marcus's face. "What was that about, Pa?" Asked James "Nevermind. Come on, we've got work to do."

You have the following choices:

1. Follow one of the Wolfes

2. Follow Jeffrey

3. Follow a livestock Human

4. Later that night

5. Someone is approaching the farm

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Johnny Foxx (UN: jfoxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2270224-Wolfe-Family-Farm/cid/3216189-Another-Morning-on-the-Farm