*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Digital Wars
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/839885-The-Digital-Wars/cid/195529-The-Digital-Wars
by BugBug
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #839885
Choose your side and fight to victory in this Season 02 "What If...?" story!
Chapter #1

The Digital Wars

    by: BugBug
What a cocktail that must have been! You went to bed after a party and awoke to find yourself floating through... what looks like website after website, flying past you at incredible speeds! You're in the internet!

Suddenly, a woman's voice breaks your awe. The soft voice sounds comforting, soothing. "Hello." it says, "My name is Radia. You have been chosen."

"Chosen?" you ask, confused, "Chosen for what?"

"I have watched the lives of the chosen for aeons, my child." it speaks warmly, like a mother to her own child, "But only you have been called and chosen to save the Digital World."

"The Digital World?" you blink, "You mean... like from Digimon?"

"Precisely." Radia says, "The Digital World in your television show is connected to every and all universes in existence. In that sense, your television show is reality, the core of existence."

DEFINATELY one hell of a cocktail. You shake your head, "So... everything there is REAL? It's happening?"

"In a sense." Radia replies, "However, there is a problem. Ken Ichijouji never released power."

"What!?"

"He is still the Digimon Emperor, past the time when, in the show, he was supposed to have relinquished said power. Now he fights even harder to destroy the DigiDestined and completely rule the Digital World, and beyond."

"And beyond?"

Radia sighs softly, "He knows that he who controls the Digital World controls existence. Once he would take over the Digital World, he would expand his empire to every other universe there is -- your own included."

Now you're getting worried and even more intrigued, "And the DigiDestined are still fighting to keep him from taking over?"

"Indeed. However... both sides have started to up the ante. The fighting has become even more fierce than you would have ever thought possible on the show. More and more kids are being brought into this conflict... and more and more of them die. While many of the children fight on the side of the DigiDestined Resistance, the Emperor even has his own group, called the Dark DigiDestined, that serve him unquestioningly. There are some yet that choose neither side..." she hesitates, "...however, they are hated by both sides for their refusal to join their group, and many are killed."

You blink, somewhat overwhelmed.

"Let me tell you now..." she continues, "It does not matter which side you are on. The fighting in the Digital World has become so bad that the world has threatened to destroy itself. And without the Digital World... the core of existence will be destroyed. In other words, if the Digital World is destroyed, existence, as we know it, would... CEASE to exist! We'll ALL be destroyed!"

You shiver, the idea of such frightening you half to death. Now, you know how serious this is. You pinch yourself. Twice. Three times. Before you get get to the fourth, you hear Radia say, "This isn't a dream, young one... this is reality."

"What... what can I do!?" you exclaim, "I'm just a kid!"

"No one is just a kid, child... you have the abilities... and I will give you the rest of what you need to succeed in your task."

"What IS my task?"

"Join the Digital Empire. Join the DigiDestined Resistance. Join neither, and go alone. You MUST stop this fighting before it's too late!"

The websites stop flashing past and everything goes dark. When light reappears again, you're standing in a small chamber, like an elevator. Before you is a small panel.

"I will be watching you, child." Radia's voice echoes into your mind, "Choose wisely."

You look at the panel before you. Words flash across the screen:
CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY

Your first choice: which side will you join?

You have the following choices:

1. The Digital Empire

2. The DigiDestined Resistence

3. Neither; you'll go it alone

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BugBug (UN: kronos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BugBug has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/839885-The-Digital-Wars/cid/195529-The-Digital-Wars