*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787281-Aryanna-The-Found
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1787281
A young girl is out on the storm running away from home when she discovers something magyk
Aryanna

Chapter 1:

Sharney

Far away in the dark foreboding night, Sharney could hear something. The sound rolled across the waves and through the raging storm. Pricking up her ears she listened intently. It was the sound of a baby crying, a sound that she knew only too well.

For, at her mothers house, far across the sea, on “the island” there had been many children crying. That was one of the reasons that she had left. Because now that Sharney was thirteen years of age, she could look after herself.

With a groan Sharney struggled for control of the tiny craft, wrestling with the oars. Finding some control she steered it towards the small keening sound.  Out of the torrential rain, a small row boat appeared, being tossed and tumbled by the raging storm. As Sharney drew near it her gaze fell upon a small, cloth bundle lying in the bottom. Sharney gasped, the air around the baby (for that’s what it was), shimmered with a soft green glow. This was Magyk, she was sure of it!

Tossed by a huge wave, the tiny craft with the baby was swept under by the sea. Sharney gasped! And, without and second thought, dived under and surrendered herself to the thrashing ocean. She drew a quick breath, the water was much colder than she expected! A huge wave crashed above her head and pushed her under. Sharney was crushed by the water, the light vanishing above her head. She dissapeared into the calm stillness, and dark of the deep.

Then, with a start, she realised something. She was nolonger struggling for breath! Floating around in the deep blue, Sharney sterted to panic, this just wasnt right! Overwhelmed with panic, she could only but watch as a dark shadow, loomed out of the rocks towards her.

Spitting and retching Sharney came to.

"That's right deary,spit it all out. A kind voice murmered in her ear.

Startled, Sharney struggled to rise. Misinterpreting her move the woman pushed her down again.

"It's alright honey you sister is safe."

"The baby!!

---


Jenna, in her weakened state could not hold of the older lady so she relaxed back down into the damp sand.

"Where's my sister?" She murmered, (She thought it would be best to play along).

As the woman hustled of to gather up the baby she chattered along to Sharney,

"You gave an old woman quite the suprise," she said. "Here I was inside my cosy little house and I here the crying of this infant on the beach, so I came down of course." She said it all in one breath and Sharney didn't know how she could manage it. The lady brought the baby, who was lying peacefully in her arms, closer to Sharney. "My name's Glenna, what's yours," she asked.

"Sharney, it's Sharney."

Glenna made a rumbling soumd in the back of her throat, "Humm, Sharney, now that's an unusual name! May I ask, what do you call the little one?"

Thinking quickly Sharney replied, giving the baby her late grandmothers name,  " She is called Aryanna."

----




Chapter 2:

Aryanna

7 years later

People were screaming, blood lined the streets, and dead bodies were strewn throught the gutters. The very air echoed with the sound of wailing mothers, and weeping children.THe streets were empty, bar one man, who was aimlessly walking the street tearing his hair and crying shamelessly, oblivious of a cunning face staring at him from and upstairs window.

Then the man started to cry out,

"My family! My little Jey....."

-----


"Wake up Aryanna, you're having another nightmare!" Sharney had to yell to be heard above Aryanna's dream.

Bolting up right, Aryanna clutched hold of Sharney's hand, and stared into the concerned faces of her and Glenna. “It was so real, and the same as the last ones! But the man was going to say something this time! He said, 'My Family! My little Jey....' and that was when you woke me..." Aryanna trailed off.

Unnoticed, Glenna had slipped away, and was now coming back with a laden tray. Covered in her famous chocolate brownie, with three mugs of hot chocolate thrown in for good measure. "Wonders chocolate can do for you these days." She would say.

Sipping the warming drink, all Aryanna could do was agree. The drink and brownie got rid of any fears that she had before.



© Copyright 2011 Andi_Wizard (watties at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787281-Aryanna-The-Found