*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1001166-thief
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Romance/Love · #1001166
my first "attempt" at a short story. its actually part fiction, part non F.
Thief.

His fingers slip into the craters of hers. She's self conscious, but just for a minute he makes that feeling subside. This isn't right, this can't be is- all that runs through her mind. He takes her, other hand on her waist, as he slowly pulls her body in closer to his. She feels goosebumps come over her body as she trembles, not in fear, but out of anticipation. Her body slips closer and closer until all that occupies her mind is the present caressing of his skin against hers. Who cares what she looks like, feels like; he has taken that and threw it all away. It shouldn't have to matter, after all.
Him just a head taller than herself, she slowly looks up to see what emotion awaits her, lying in the story his face never fails to tell. But she can't keep her eyes from drifting upward, towards his. She stares into them, as he stares so willingly back into hers.
Nervousness flows over her body when his eyes start to drift. Down, down towards her lips. It's been so long, she thinks. What if I get the same feeling back, feelings towards this being I now stand in seclusion with, stand where nothing has the capability to stop me, stop him.
She turns away, slightly to her right, trying to avoid what she feels is about to happen. But she knows it's already too late, she has fallen in a trap and hasn't much hope to be set free. Feels like one of those leg hold traps, where she's set all of herself free, except for that one little limb, that one part of her that refuses to try and let go. To set itself, herself, free...
Using every single bit of courage, she pulls him closer, for the air makes her shiver and want him even more. He willingly draws even more of his ever-so-perfect body towards this female being that seems to appear as more than that to him.
She feels like it's too late now. She knows very well that she is not going anywhere anytime soon, and neither is he.
Now not only does her body internally tremble, but her lips obediently follow. She thinks about how long it's been that she's felt like this, not just with him, just- ever. Her recollection of earlier times, nights she'd stay awake dreaming about a boy like him, a time like this... frightens her that it just might be coming true.
A thousand questions knock on her door and she so naively answers, afraid to not let them in. One asks her why. Another how she is going to react. It feels like these questions are demonic beings trying to grasp at her soul. Her soul that she has given to this boy, standing within fingertip reach of her, every inch of his body.
And then she opens her eyes, the taste of his lips still lingering on hers, as she realizes what has just happened. Maybe this moment wasn't made to float gracefully along with the angels. Or rejoice in the light of meant-to-be's.
But the taste of his kiss still lingers on her lips. Only now she isn't in that state of seclusion with him. In that too-real reality that she wished she could stay in forever. Yet there is one thing she knows.
As she heads off in the other direction, she slowly turns back towards him and yells "THIEF! I want my heart back..." The tears gather up in her eyes. She knows very well that she will never see it again.
© Copyright 2005 phlegmaticallyemotional (chelseamarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1001166-thief