*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002313-Flip-Up-10001-Coins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sakura
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1002313
Aliens fall in love with humans but have to leave to fulfill their destiny.
I'm just trying out a new type of writing. Hope it works out!

Flipped up 10,000 coins, hoping for the head. Through the curtain of coins I can see your tiring face.
"This isn't going to work," you said and shook your head.
"It's not that I don't want to obey you," I said sadly, "I just wish you'd think more for yourself than others."
One by one the coins fell onto the ground, making a noise that matches the thunder.
You looked down on the ground automatically. I saw the depressing feeling in your eyes. But when you looked up again you looked fine as usual.
"All tails," you said, trying to sound casual but failed.
"I don't believe it," I said and kicked up as many coins as possible. Most fell to the ground again, joining the army of tails. I kicked as hard as I could at the last one still in the air and put my hand just below it as it fell.
And then I saw him. Coming into the room. The coin that just fell onto my hand dropped onto the ground without my realizing. He walked till he was right in front of me and looked at the ground.
"Tail," he smiled, his smile as bright as a sunflower.
I could no longer stand this. Why would 10,001 gods pass and abandon us? I just wanted a last chance. A reason to stay...
I heard your voice spoke and turned around to look at you with watery eyes. Your sad face glowed in my blue tears. Even until now I don't want to admit it. But it's the truth. I cannot survive if I continue to stay on Earth.
"Your memory, your future and your happiness all lie in the man who can firstly keep you alive. Go back to where you came from, for that is where you belong," you said in the same gentle voice you've always used to speak to me.
He took my hand and dragged me out of the room. I knew that I wouldn't be able to come back the moment he came in. But I just wished that you'd have said something. If you had said one word wishing me to stay...I would've stayed, even if I died the second I made the decision. I wouldn't regret it ever.
And then I heard you shouting at the top of your voice, "The moment you came into my life, I knew it was worth living after all! I love you with all my heart! Good luck!"
I ran right at the door which shut me out forever. I totally fell apart and knocked at it as hard as I could while crying as if sky has fallen.
And then I heard the sound of moaning and a stream of blood found itself out of the room from the space between the ground and the door. I was shut to quietness. I couldn't believe it. And then...my memory went blank.
"Are you OK, princess?" asked a familiar voice.
"And in other words?" he said disapprovingly.
"Oh, I'm sorry, my King," the familiar voice said, "I meant, are you OK, my Queen?"
I didn't say anything. My memory of the time before I met you-the memory I had together with him-came flooding back to me the moment I set my feet on this planet.
So this is why I had to come back, I thought, I have responsibilities as a princess.
Responsibilities such as marrying the king of another planet to save my homeland.
Maybe you were right.
Maybe the coins were right.
So until the end of time, no one ever knew, that when the coin had landed on the hand, it had been head-but only changed to tail when it fell through the fingers and touched the ground.
© Copyright 2005 Sakura (sakurasnow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1002313-Flip-Up-10001-Coins